When to help?

Just getting from one place to another, or Living a Nomadic Life Style and everything in between

Re: When to help?

Postby zombreach » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:21 am

I have stopped for men and women to provide assistance. Being from Michigan, I have encountered a lot of cars stuck in ditches in the winter time. Some times I am alone, others times I am with my son or husband. I have knocked on doors to ask for assistance and have allowed strangers into my home to use my phone to call for help. Stupid? Perhaps, but I can't change my old ways. I was taught to help strangers in need and although it rarely occurs anymore with the age of cell phones, I will continue to help as needed. I will admit though, that all my assistance has occurred in the daytime. Nowadays, I only need to assist for the rare ice storm or an accident.
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:53 pm

Zombreach
Be cautious who you trust, we don't want to have to converge on your city and exact revenge!
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby zombreach » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Bob wrote:Zombreach
Be cautious who you trust, we don't want to have to converge on your city and exact revenge!

LMAO!! That would be the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me! :BFG: I promise to be cautious...as has been mentioned already, the times have changed and people are no longer as trustworthy. That is why I carry pepper spray and a stun gun. :stagger:
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby fg42lol » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:39 pm

I try to have an exit strategy when I stop. If it's a single occupant I stay close, if more than one, Ill keep my distance, never put anything between my vehicle and I, stuff like that.
fg42lol
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Kavorkian » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:07 pm

I trust no one. Everyone is a threat until they prove otherwise. Maybe I'm paranoid....
Professional soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs.
Kavorkian
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:46 pm

K
Nope not paranoid, the word I would use is prepared.
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby kiltedninja » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:02 am

Depends where I am, what the situation is, and who it is. Marines out here get my help no matter what, accidents? Definitely, I help out pretty much anyone when I'm in Oregon, but out here in San Bernardino county, I'm a bit more wary of people.
He who wears the cloth, will always wear the cloth, and those that wear the cloth will always have a brother in me.
kiltedninja
Hunter

Postby UnderDude » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:14 pm

Kavorkian wrote:I trust no one. Everyone is a threat until they prove otherwise. Maybe I'm paranoid....

It really sucks this world has come to that. The wife calls me paranoid all the time.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby fg42lol » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:56 am

Id be leery if I lived down there. Im in a shady part of town and I would not trade it for the best part of sac the bay or socal. I try to do good things when I can; its a small world and those things add up. My worry is finding myself in a violent situation that I cant defuse.

I try to avoid getting close to people in situations like someone stuck on the road. Seriously, this was reenforced by a video I watched on the reality of knife fights. A knife is way more dangerous at 5 yards than a handgun is at 15 yards. Fuck. That.
fg42lol
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby SoB » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:04 pm

I am all ways worried abouth somebody scetchy haveing a knife or screwdriver or any staby object. They far more common and easy to conceal than a gun.
SoB
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

PreviousNext

Return to Surviving on the Road