When to help?

Just getting from one place to another, or Living a Nomadic Life Style and everything in between

Re: When to help?

Postby fg42lol » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:45 pm

Knives are scary. There aren't many good ways to defend against a knife with open palms. Trap the weapon hand, they can exchange hands and they're probably close enough to start going after your liver or kidneys. Like my AOJ teacher always said, A gun at close range is only deadly from one end, a knife is deadly from three.
fg42lol
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:01 pm

Use a hat, coat, sweater, or shirt.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby fg42lol » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:25 pm

Curiosity peaked. How so?
fg42lol
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:47 pm

Wrap one of your hands.
If up against someone with a blade who knows how to use it you're in trouble. I've been cut three times in my life. Had to have my ear lobe sewn back on the last time. I ended up winning every time, but I could've done without the staples and stitches.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby fg42lol » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:22 pm

That would be kind of rough. I want to get my guard card so I can have an asp. That would give a fighting chance if something got weird. If im not mistaken, you can carry one with a GC.
fg42lol
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:36 pm

You may need a special certification in this state for that. One of my security guys got pinched by the PD for carrying a PR-24 while on duty because it wasnt listed on his qualifications. I had to go talk to his supervisor to get it back and we agreed I would take care of it internally. They dropped the charges but it was a pain in the ass.
You may even need to have an employer verify you need it for duty, and only carry it on duty.
Someone told me years ago.....
If up against a knife while your unarmed look and see how the knife is being held. Blade coming from the hand with the thumb ontop, he's probably not trained in its use. Holding the blade down (towards his/her own body) means you have a serious problem. Knives were common weapons where I grew up. A buddy of mine was stabbed in the back of the thigh during a huge brawl we got in. The blade came all the way through and was poking out of the top of his thigh. Luckily missed the bone and femoral artery but he still collapsed after about two minutes.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby fg42lol » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:45 pm

Read up on it. On duty only. More trouble than carrying a loaded firearm without ccw.

Seriously, baton posession is a felony in ca.
Neither should be crimes.
fg42lol
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:49 pm

fg42lol wrote:Read up on it. On duty only. More trouble than carrying a loaded firearm without ccw.

Seriously, baton posession is a felony in ca.
Neither should be crimes.

Yeah, sounds about right. Not sure, but getting caught carrying a firearm here is still a misdemeanor.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby fg42lol » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:42 pm

Two if its loaded. Its just silly to me that the punishment is worse for an extendo-beatin' stick than a firearm.
fg42lol
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:34 am

That makes no flipping sense.
But then again I know a guy who got arrested in a northern state for having a double edged knife in his glove compartment.
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

PreviousNext

Return to Surviving on the Road