An Article On Human Decomposition

Just getting from one place to another, or Living a Nomadic Life Style and everything in between

An Article On Human Decomposition

Postby UnderDude » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:11 am

Seems rather informative. I chose this one because it lists the 5 stages of decomposition. It could tie in with Bob's topic on wear and tear of shoes on Zeds.....

http://forensics4fiction.com/2011/12/10 ... mposition/

If using this timeline when speaking of Zeds, it seems the smell of them after 24 hours could be worse than I imagined. Their ability to move around seems to cut off after a couple of weeks.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Re: An Article On Human Decomposition

Postby LoneWolf » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:14 am

The concept of zeds existing, keeps me preferring the idea that somehow they rot only so far then it stops, skin becoming like flexible leather and the outer brain hardening keeping the zed mobility core in the centre protected, sort of like a double hull, first the bone skull, then the hardened outer brain, inside of which stays soft and active.

Following accurate decomposition and slowness of zeds, for all they can keep going until killed or fall apart, limits their fear factor in a well-armed and secured community, which is a problem I think, as zed films always seem to take place in the US, where guns and weaponry aren't exactly rarely owned, if not by everybody, then by somebody they know.
Once more into the fray,
Into the last good fight I'll ever know,
Live and die on this day,
Live and die on this day.

-The Grey-
LoneWolf
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Return to Surviving on the Road