The Question of Fitness?

Just getting from one place to another, or Living a Nomadic Life Style and everything in between

Re: The Question of Fitness?

Postby UnderDude » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:12 pm

They're hardcore.....
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:23 am

Yes they are.
They are all in great shape.
Some of those challenges are monsters.
I think there is more than a little luck involved but it's luck amongst really fit people.
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Dark Gale » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:47 pm

I'd say one of the best things you could do is hike/ruck. Not necessarily load yourself up with 90lbs and go climb a couple times a week, since stress like that can just lead to injury and problems later on, but going out with a reasonable amount of weight or gear definitely helps in the event that you need to put it all on and get somewhere. I lift 3-4 times a week but honestly it doesn't help all that much when I actually need to load up and start walking, in this case the best way to get used to it is to just do it. This combined with normal cardio and strength training makes for a great foundation of fitness and endurance.
Dark Gale
Survivor

Postby kiltedninja » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:16 pm

When I hike I carry my ruck with an approximate weight of 40# which is about what my kit will weigh until I get myself another rifle, at which point that load will go up to about 75# to account for ammo and the like. Right now I just have my sharp pointies and a recurve bow which weighs all of 3#. I don't take the pace any faster than what I could sustain all day. If I'm feeling adventurous I'll do short sprints which in a ZPAW scenario I could see happening.
He who wears the cloth, will always wear the cloth, and those that wear the cloth will always have a brother in me.
kiltedninja
Hunter

Postby apocalypsepal » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:35 pm

In the animal kingdom, one of the keys to survival is to outwit your enemies.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
More Tips and Products from Apocalypse Pal
apocalypsepal
Survivor

Previous

Return to Surviving on the Road