What's your preferred BOV?

Transportation for Land, Sea, and Air

What's your preferred BOV?

Postby AlexanderPain » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:41 am

Here are a couple of questions;
1) What's your preferred bugout vehicle and why?

Truck
Jeep
Car
Motorcycle
Bicycle

2) Do you think off-road capabilities are more valuable than fuel economy in an apocalypse situation?
AlexanderPain
Bait

Re: What's your preferred BOV?

Postby zombreach » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:46 am

A motorcycle would be nice for maneuverability, especially if there are a lot of broken-down vehicles, but it does not provide any protection (assuming we are talking about a zombie apocalypse). The same goes for a bicycle-although that is powered by human and for me that would not last long--lol. In regards to the vehicles listed, I would choose the truck because it would be safer (higher off the ground). I also think it would perform better off road if that is needed.

As for off-road capabilities versus fuel economy, I think off-road is more important (once again I must assume we are talking zombies here). Of course, if you run out of fuel you may think differently. In the beginning, fuel would be easy enough to get, but as time went on, one might have to resort to riding horses.
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby angelicdemon » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:56 am

I'm going to have to say a truck. Most motorcycles are pretty loud, a bicycle would wear you out and use up too much of your energy, and a car doesn't have the off road capabilities that a truck does nor the power to move other vehicles out of the way if necessary. Plenty of trucks have 4 wheel drive, if owned by a redneck they'll have pretty aggressive tires, and, as I've said, tend to be more capable of pushing things if need be.
angelicdemon
Hunter

Postby kiltedninja » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:56 pm

I've got a Ford Escape with 4wd. Ideally I'd like a tricked out 4runner or something similar, but since this is what I've got, I want to put a cargo rack and brush guard on it. It's already got AT tires but in a SHTF situation some serious off road tires would be great. A bicycle wouldn't be bad as a scouting vehicle or something but unless I got an Xtracycle it wouldn't be my primary. My dad has a Triumph Tiger which is a dual sport and as such wouldn't be a bad rig.
He who wears the cloth, will always wear the cloth, and those that wear the cloth will always have a brother in me.
kiltedninja
Hunter

Return to Vehicles in the Apocalypse