Tesla Model S = Ultimate Zombie Car?

Transportation for Land, Sea, and Air

Tesla Model S = Ultimate Zombie Car?

Postby thezombieguru » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:44 pm

Alright, so hear me out before i get completely bashed

*ahem* Rampdog *ahem*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Model_S

97 Equivalent MPG highway, and during a ZPAW you will not be traveling at speeds even close to highway cruising speeds. Due to road debris and idle cars, you will be lucky to hit 25, so imagine the distance you could make on a single charge. Also, a single charge gets you 230 to 320, depending on the battery type at highway speeds, which we've established are obsolete. You can easily add another 50 miles to your distance...

Other electric cars on the market ask hours of charge time to re-energize. The Tesla only asks you to wait 30 minutes for it to re-charge 200 miles of energy. Supercharger stations are popping up all over the country, but you could easily make your own adapter for your car in the ZPAW.

Electric cars travel quieter than their gasoline cousins, making them good for going unnoticed. Tesla safety ratings are 5 star in every category, making it quite safe in unexpected turn of events.

Two incidents have been reported recently of Tesla's striking road debris and the impact to the undercarriage, starting fires. I would advise raising your shocks, so your car doesn't turn into a flamethrower mid-ZPAW. All issues though have centered around high-speed impacts, and as stated, you will not be reaching high speeds.

Being electric, you wouldn't have to scavenge for gasoline, instead, you could quite simply utilize green energy producers (Solar panels, Wind turbines, etc.) that you would already have anyways in a ZPAW.

Need you more convincing?

Rack City
thezombieguru
Bait

Re: Tesla Model S = Ultimate Zombie Car?

Postby Mrknot » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:36 pm

Where are you going to charge it once the power grid goes down and you are not at home?
Gonna haul around a bunch of gas and a generator?
In that case, why not just skip the generator part and use a car that runs on gas?
Mrknot
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby CavWarrior » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:42 pm

thezombieguru wrote:Alright, so hear me out before i get completely bashed

*ahem* Rampdog *ahem*

What?!?! What did I do?
CavWarrior
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby CavWarrior » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:44 pm

Dunno if solar would be practical to charge that car, unless you have a huge bank of solar panels. Still seems like it would take a long time to charge the batteries. What's the charge rate on it?
CavWarrior
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby SoB » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:38 am

I think some bio fuel car would do better than the eltric thing. How good is it's off road performance since that may be required.
SoB
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby CavWarrior » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:34 am

Good point. Any vehicle should have at least some off road capability.
CavWarrior
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby thezombieguru » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:26 pm

Good points, but I live in a semi-urban area, so for my purposes its fine, now I just need to find $97,000...

CavWarrior wrote:Dunno if solar would be practical to charge that car, unless you have a huge bank of solar panels. Still seems like it would take a long time to charge the batteries. What's the charge rate on it?
charges 200 miles in 30 minutes, so about 6 miles a minute, if that's how the math works out.

Solar Panels would kind of suck as far as charging goes, and the only feasible way to charge on the go would be carry extra pre-charged batteries in the trunk. Tesla does utilize some neat technology that charges one battery while the other is in use. My main idea of charging is to simply charge it back at base, where I already have renewable energy sources ready to go.
Rack City
thezombieguru
Bait

Postby Eddiethehead » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:49 am

DieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDieselDiesel.
And on the 8th day, God looked down on his planned paradise, and said "I need a caretaker."
So God made a farmer.
Eddiethehead
Hunter

Postby Mrknot » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:37 pm

I agree with Eddie.
Mrknot
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Red Star » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:02 pm

A somewhat adequate fuel substitute for diesel vehicles is home heating fuel. The difference is- no fuel additives or detergents like in regular diesel. No electricity = useless oil burners for the majority out there. Not so great in regular diesel engines after a while, durable military grade motors will run just fine. Bet there will be plenty of it available in a ZPAW situation that most average humans would not even realize.

Good idea? ;)
Time to get up, you're not dead yet...
but you certainly will be if you don't move your ass!
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Next

Return to Vehicles in the Apocalypse