Tesla Model S = Ultimate Zombie Car?

Transportation for Land, Sea, and Air

Re: Tesla Model S = Ultimate Zombie Car?

Postby CavWarrior » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:02 pm

thezombieguru wrote:Solar Panels would kind of suck as far as charging goes, and the only feasible way to charge on the go would be carry extra pre-charged batteries in the trunk. Tesla does utilize some neat technology that charges one battery while the other is in use. My main idea of charging is to simply charge it back at base, where I already have renewable energy sources ready to go.

That sounds like a hell of a lot of extra weight to be carting around. How would you charge the vehicle at your base?
CavWarrior
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby SoB » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:33 am

thezombieguru wrote:Good points, but I live in a semi-urban area, so for my purposes its fine, now I just need to find $97,000...

Even in urban setting there may be a point where off road ablietie is needed. Let's say there are thousands of dead bodies laying arround. Could this car handel driving over them. Not saying you need a land cruiser but what ever you buy needs to do basic off road stuff.
SoB
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Eddiethehead » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:50 am

That's the reason I will not bug out in a sedan...either going to be one of the various trucks in the farm or my dirtbike. Sure, a tegu or car might be fuel efficient but it has very limited capabilities.
And on the 8th day, God looked down on his planned paradise, and said "I need a caretaker."
So God made a farmer.
Eddiethehead
Hunter

Postby zombreach » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:28 pm

I have a Prius and although it gets great gas mileage, it is not a car you want to have in a zombie apocalypse. It has no power (unless you hit the power button) and it would not do well off-road. That being said, I still think it would be better than an electric-only car. Any apocalyptic car needs to have 4-wheel drive, at least 6 cylinders, and a build like a rhino. :)
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:12 pm

Powder blue in color? Don't they shoot Prius drivers in the south?
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Eddiethehead » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:07 pm

Midwesterners shoot Prius' too...
And on the 8th day, God looked down on his planned paradise, and said "I need a caretaker."
So God made a farmer.
Eddiethehead
Hunter

Postby zombreach » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:21 pm

Ha-Ha-Ha--you guys are soooo funny!!!! There are a lot of Prius' driven in the south--unfortunately too many--it can be hard to find my car in a parking lot. And no, UD, it is not powder blue. YUCK!! It is dark blue--just like the one driven by Bones. (I would have chosen a Mustang, but since cars are not my thing, I went with what my husband wanted. It's all about the gas mileage, you know? LOL!!)
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Red Star » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:50 am

If it was about that and dependability you would have gotten a Hyundai- they're awesome! 8-)
Time to get up, you're not dead yet...
but you certainly will be if you don't move your ass!
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby zombreach » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:03 am

What is the gas mileage? I get 50mpg on average. The Toyotas are also very dependable and the service package is great. The big downside for me is I'm a Michigander and it is ingrained in us from birth to buy American. :oops:
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby CavWarrior » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:59 am

zombreach wrote:Ha-Ha-Ha--you guys are soooo funny!!!! There are a lot of Prius' driven in the south--unfortunately too many--it can be hard to find my car in a parking lot. And no, UD, it is not powder blue. YUCK!! It is dark blue--just like the one driven by Bones. (I would have chosen a Mustang, but since cars are not my thing, I went with what my husband wanted. It's all about the gas mileage, you know? LOL!!)

Your hubby wanted a Prius? It's time to pull his man card. :o
CavWarrior
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

PreviousNext

Return to Vehicles in the Apocalypse