Pics: Axes, bashers, etc.

It it Cuts or Smashes talk about it here

Re: Pics: Axes, bashers, etc.

Postby Bob » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:24 am

Be sure to let us know how that Estwing holds up.
I may just have to get one to keep in the trunk.
I don't leave much in the car anymore, the thieves try the doors on the cars on a regular basis.
It's not just my neighborhood, it seems to be everywhere.
MacAbre lost a Glock like that.
He got it back though, maybe at some point he will tell the story.
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby kiltedninja » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:43 pm

Mrknot wrote:Really like my Riflemans Hawk!
You're right in that you do have to get used to the weight and balance as it's much heavier than a traditional hawk. Because of the weight though, it's a much more versatile camp tool, it'll split logs like nobody's business...
Stripped the paint off of mine, then busted the handle throwing it. Made a new handle but the wood got really curvy after it dried...
Will make or buy a new one, one of these days...

Hey man curvy handles need some love too.

I bought three handles for mine when I ordered it. Broke one throwing it back in California, have another one that hangs out in my car with the rest of my gear, and the third one was trimmed down about four inches and wrapped in gutted 550 cord. I'll have to go get it and take pictures sometime, but I don't have the motivation to do that right now.

I got the Rifleman's hawk specifically because it was such a versatile tool, I felt certain it would be the last hawk that I'd ever need. The next ones I get are just for kicks. So far it hasn't disappointed.
He who wears the cloth, will always wear the cloth, and those that wear the cloth will always have a brother in me.
kiltedninja
Hunter

Postby kiltedninja » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:24 pm

I have a new axe, I wish I could upload a picture but I'm having issues with that right now.
He who wears the cloth, will always wear the cloth, and those that wear the cloth will always have a brother in me.
kiltedninja
Hunter

Postby Bob » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:50 am

What kind did you get?
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby kiltedninja » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:49 pm

Cold Steel Frontier Hawk. I also finally got around to buying the Recon Scout before I came back to California, which I've been wanting for years.

I don't like the plastic sheath so when I get home next month I'm going to buy leather working tools and make new sheaths for the knife and axe.

Also I'm finally going to get my CCW now that I'm legally an NC resident.
kiltedninja
Hunter

Postby Bob » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:59 am

Good for you
Every citizen should exercise his right to carry a firearm for protection.
NC has a couple of goofy things about their CCW but it is better than some.
If memory serves something about not being able to carry into an event you pay to get in?
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby ConSeannery » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:36 pm

I've been meaning to get my CCW for a while now, but without the cash to get a decent carry pistol, don't much see the point in it. A concealable pistol isn't even really a priority for me right now, anyway. Not like I'm going to carry a hunting knife under my shirt or something
Never hit first. Always hit back.

The only thing worse than a zombie trying to eat you, is a zombie trying to eat you while it is on fire.
ConSeannery
Hunter

Postby Bob » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:02 am

Con
I get what you are saying but even a full sized pistol can be concealed.
I sometimes wear a Glock 21 with a vest in the summer.
I have never really decided if those khaki vest scream concealed weapon or not.
But regardless they are not overly hot even in the deep South and we are headed into winter now.
I have a friend who carries a Glock 20 with a flashlight laser everyday, he wears an over-shirt in the summer and whatever in the winter.
If there is a slight bulge who cares as long as it is not too pronounced.
If you catch a guy looking at you that close you need to go condition Red anyway.
If it is a girl then smile your best smile and talk to her right?
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby ConSeannery » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:33 pm

I'm a bigger guy, and I'm sure if the weather was cool enough for heavy clothes, I would be perfectly able to conceal a full sized pistol. I've always figured I'd go with belt carry, never really considered vest or shoulder. There's also the matter of me having better things to spend a few hundred bucks on, what with a kid on the way and everything. I've been considering a g17 lately, and those run about 550 up here. That's a lot of formula and diapers.

Guns are accepted enough up here I can't imagine a little printing would cause much commotion, but I'd prefer it to be avoided entirely. While I agree with you on the situational awareness, I am happily married and have every intention of staying that way.
Never hit first. Always hit back.

The only thing worse than a zombie trying to eat you, is a zombie trying to eat you while it is on fire.
ConSeannery
Hunter

Postby kiltedninja » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:04 pm

Bob wrote:Con
I get what you are saying but even a full sized pistol can be concealed.
I sometimes wear a Glock 21 with a vest in the summer.
I have never really decided if those khaki vest scream concealed weapon or not.
But regardless they are not overly hot even in the deep South and we are headed into winter now.
I have a friend who carries a Glock 20 with a flashlight laser everyday, he wears an over-shirt in the summer and whatever in the winter.
If there is a slight bulge who cares as long as it is not too pronounced.
If you catch a guy looking at you that close you need to go condition Red anyway.
If it is a girl then smile your best smile and talk to her right?

I do what your friend does, so I'm not too concerned with trying to conceal a full sized Springfield XD (my next gun if the Corps ever pays me). I used to try a bunch of different configurations with my Glock 17.
kiltedninja
Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Edged and Melee Weapons