The Kukri

It it Cuts or Smashes talk about it here

I have extensive expereance w/ the kukri

Postby Tomasi Studios » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:52 pm

I am a working prop maker, and sword smith, I can make a working or functioning replica of just about anything; but I fell in love with the kukri about a year ago.
Mainly for fun and entertainment reasons I made probably the most complex zombie combat simulator you are likely to see. It includes human skull analogs, on a slow moving zip line, multiple targets and mainly weapons I made myself. In my experience sword enthusiasts are very managomass with what they use. Trust me when I hit the analogue the Kukri doesn't go into a head it goes through it.
To prove this is not just this is not just some guy talking with nothing to back it up I have included links showing the simulator and the kukri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fAhV7h37C8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDbgxl5XU9I
Tomasi Studios
Bait

Re: The Kukri

Postby Bob » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:00 am

First off welcome to the forum.
I hope you will participate in the random discussions.
WE are a group of refugees from multiple other forums most of us have been together for years wandering from place (forum) to place kind of like Ricks group in Walking Dead.
WE finally got our own place (here) many of our members are off doing other things but there is a core group keeping the lights on.

As to your video
Looks like fun!
I didn't get a chance to watch both of the videos but I will by tonight.

There is something very primal about a man with a hammer beating hunks of metal into submission.
You should post some pictures of your blade smith shop.
What kind of steel do you use primarily?
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby kiltedninja » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Also, I believe in some circles that the falcata either evolved simultaneously to the kopis or was in fact the predecessor. The Iberian Celts carried them, and it is believed that they were brought to Greece and Rome.
He who wears the cloth, will always wear the cloth, and those that wear the cloth will always have a brother in me.
kiltedninja
Hunter

Postby Red Star » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:10 pm

kiltedninja wrote:Also, I believe in some circles that the falcata either evolved simultaneously to the kopis or was in fact the predecessor. The Iberian Celts carried them, and it is believed that they were brought to Greece and Rome.

Indeed, there are a lot of theories and plenty of speculation pertaining to these weapons. In my experience with these types I personally feel that the Falcata was the most superior weapon of the bunch. The weight and feel lends itself to yielding the most significant amount of damage. I wish I could get my hands on one of the biggest Kukris, the ceremonial version that is issued only 1 per unit. They are a pretty big and nasty looking blade!
Time to get up, you're not dead yet...
but you certainly will be if you don't move your ass!
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby kiltedninja » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:15 pm

Cold Steel makes some of the bigger sized ones. They're not traditional, but they're functional.
He who wears the cloth, will always wear the cloth, and those that wear the cloth will always have a brother in me.
kiltedninja
Hunter

Previous

Return to Edged and Melee Weapons