Truly the worst of times...

Keep it civil

Re: Truly the worst of times...

Postby Kavorkian » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:43 pm

My deepest condolences Red. Like the others have said, like the others have said, anything you need and I will do best to help however I can.
Professional soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs.
Kavorkian
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby zbuddy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:04 pm

Although I am sure that everyone has said similar things, I would also like to convey their sentiment. It isn't some sort of hollow platitude, either, but sincerely genuine. I won't even attempt to try and understand, nor comprehend, what you're going through. But, I can tell you that we are all here for you. Even if we're a bunch of nerdy bastards from the internet, we're all good friends and family here. So, if you need anything, anything at all, we're just a private message away from getting back to you - never forget that.

If I can offer any sort of advice, even with me being a bit younger than you, all I can say, or rather what helps me, is that people whom we loved so much would never want us to be upset, sad, or walloing in our own pity. They would want us to enjoy what we had, and to continue on with our journey - rainy days included. If we didn't know loss, we wouldn't really have the reference to know gain and love. Life's a heartless cruel bitch, but she's also worth giving everything you got.

I've lost quite a few close people the last few years, and what always helps me is thinking about friends that I lost in war. They didn't have a choice, or know, when they passed on; but now I feel like I must live life twice as much as before because they were not afforded the same mount time on this small planet as I am. If you feel stuck, lost, or in despair, try to know that she would want you to keep going on, even through shit like this, because now you're doing it for both of you guys, and anyone else who has fallen before you.

I apologize if what I've said isn't attuned to your culture, which is likely. I'm probably one of the few people here who isn't religious, in the slightest, so it may seem off base.

Once again, if you need anything, don't be afraid to ask any of us.

-Z
zbuddy
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Red Star » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:39 pm

Not to worry! All of you here seem to be pretty good people, must be- otherwise Bob wouldn't be hangin' around with y'all. I know this from being his sidekick and hired gun since june of 2006. :mrgreen:

As stated earlier, my thanks to you all and may you all be well. I would hate to lose any of you here. Now as for me, I am somewhat tired and going off to bed. I might actually sleep pretty good, something I haven't done in a very long time...

Dozvedanya tovarischii, see you later.

Red Star out
:plane:
Time to get up, you're not dead yet...
but you certainly will be if you don't move your ass!
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby mission_survivor » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:54 am

May you cherish your loving memories of her, and always remember the joy you gave to each other during your lives together.
I hope that you may find comfort in those thoughts.

I am truly sorry for your loss Red. I know words offer little comfort, and only time can heal such a wound. But we are all here for you.
Most of my comments should be read with your best "BROCK SAMSON" voice. While others should be read with your best "CLINT EASTWOOD" voice. A few, and I mean a very few should be read with your best "JOE PESCI" voice.
mission_survivor
Hunter

Postby Red Star » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:51 am

I would be lying if I didn't say that things have been rough. Valentines Day was the first alone since the previous 19 with her. February was always a big birthday month: Brother in law, nephew, niece, and Lou Ann, one big party for them all usually. Had that last sunday at my sister/brother in laws house and I needed to go outside for a while. Today would have been her 50th birthday and it is not any easier for me...

I think that all of my tears since her passing have created all of this snow, feeling so hollow and in pain like I am being crushed by the pressure from the depths of the oceans.

Happy birthday my beloved Lou Ann, you are missed so much more than can be possibly imagined...
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:12 am

It takes time to get over a loss.
I cannot imagine going through what you are going through.
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Red Star » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:15 am

Today would have been our 18th wedding anniversary, the first without her since she passed away. After my world was shattered I tried to build a new world for my niece/ward Kristina and myself. Now, after almost 14 years of taking care of her, I was forced to sign her over to her Aunt. I had run out of options for trying to deal with her abusive and volatile nature. At 16 now and a sophomore in high school, she has been a major threat to my health and well being- both figuratively and literally in many aspects. She is now up in Maine as of this past Friday. All I was trying to do was to get her through technical school so she could hopefully enter the real world on a good footing. It seems I have become a textbook example of the adage "No good deed goes unpunished". So, my first attempt at building a new world has failed- now I have to try again, only with even less in it now. Kristina had been in our home since she was less than 2 1/2 years old, hard not to love the kid after all of these years.

I am SO FUBAR right now...
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:47 pm

I am sorry to hear that.
It seems like you have lost another person important to you.
That so sucks.
I wish there was something I could say to make it better.

I haven't been this sick since the year I first go pneumonia but you have it worse than me.
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Red Star » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:43 pm

Well, I'm worried about you big brother. I don't know what I would do if I lost you as well. It is down to less than a half dozen human voices I hear even once in a while, only 3 humans I really even see.
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:51 pm

I will probably be ok.
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

PreviousNext

Return to News and Politics