Different Cities Around The World

Survival in an Urban Environment

Re: Different Cities Around The World

Postby CavWarrior » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:06 pm

It would be hard to average, but probably three of four men per house. That's on a normal day and not during an operation like cleaning our Ramadi, Najaf, or Fallujah. It was usually a squad (or less) that would assault the house. Insurgents usually had weapons equivalent to what we carried. Assault rifles, grenades, RPGs, and even medium and heavy machine guns.
CavWarrior
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby SoB » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:08 pm

The better training of the US forces tips the advanteg to there side. Not shocked that the houses fell. Zombies have no training in it and bandits could or could not be trained. I would assume every bandit is ex SF better save than sorry.
SoB
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby CavWarrior » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Tipping to their advantage? Try going on a raid once, then tell me about advantages. You've also not seen the bandit gangs that were (and probably still are) running around Iraq. The advantage a zombie would have is it knows no fear and doesn't get tired. That being said, a wall would be nice to have, especially a reinforced wall. The weak point though, is always the gate.
CavWarrior
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby SoB » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:39 am

CavWarrior wrote:Tipping to their advantage? Try going on a raid once, then tell me about advantages. You've also not seen the bandit gangs that were (and probably still are) running around Iraq. The advantage a zombie would have is it knows no fear and doesn't get tired. That being said, a wall would be nice to have, especially a reinforced wall. The weak point though, is always the gate.

Just saying a Solders from a western man nation are man for man better than a Iraq bandit. Never said they where bullet proof though.

i hope zombies are like the herd from TWD and move on and not the hunker down and siege types

Yeah the gate are all ways the biggest problem. The base has concrete sliding gates though, they pretty solid. The average home owner is not so well off. But then again the gate is all ways the weakest point
SoB
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby REAPER1991ZW » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:38 am

REAPER1991ZW
Survivor

Postby CavWarrior » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:48 pm

Urban fighting is the dirtiest, nastiest, most brutal kind of warfare.
CavWarrior
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby REAPER1991ZW » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:18 pm

CavWarrior wrote:Urban fighting is the dirtiest, nastiest, most brutal kind of warfare.

house to house, street to street.
REAPER1991ZW
Survivor

Postby kiltedninja » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:50 am

Depending on the part, Portland Oregon could allow for some defensible positions. Other parts would be death traps. Mrknot could tell you the same. You'd be better off on the Northwest or Southeast edges going towards Milwaukie or St Helens. Things are a bit less busy around there.
He who wears the cloth, will always wear the cloth, and those that wear the cloth will always have a brother in me.
kiltedninja
Hunter

Postby CavWarrior » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:12 pm

The problem is, people tend to migrate towards perceived safety. A place me seem, and actually be safe, when things are normal. But let it hit the fan and watch those safe places turn into hell holes filled with screaming, scared sheeple. I'm reminded of an old episode of The Twilight Zone. One man prepares his family by building a underground bunker and stocking it with the supplies his family would need in an emergency. The neighbors scoff at the idea, making jokes about it, until one day when the airwaves are filled with warnings that a nuclear attack is imminent. The all converge on his bunker, demanding to be let, fighting amongst themselves over who will actually get into the bunker. They finally break the door down and then discover that the end of the world isn't nigh. it was a false alarm. The lesson is, make your preparations in secret, especially in areas where people refuse to prepare themselves and think the government will take care of them. Because those who think they know where a safe place is will stream to it in a huge mob, destroying any safety that might have been had.
CavWarrior
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby armyorderxxxviii » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:39 am

I'm from the UK and the cities and suburbs are usually kinda merged together so no big wide open spaces. In two cities close together they to put a green belt of land you couldn't build on to stop the two cities merging into one. As for gates and fences etc we tend to us wooden fences and gates that I doubt would prove much of a challenge to a couple of zombies.
armyorderxxxviii
Bait

PreviousNext

Return to Surviving in a City