Gardening

Survival in an Urban Environment

Gardening

Postby angelicdemon » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:30 am

Built a vertical garden. Not the best looking but hey it worked. Next year I need to add more landscaping fabric instead of relying on a single layer, it was fine until I started watering it. Got Pepperoncini's in top left, jalapeno's top right, spinach below those which didn't work, I even tried some seed starts and those didn't work either so I guess they're duds, then got some kale, and finally cucumbers.
Then I've also got a hydroponic garden growing tomatoes and jalapeno's.
angelicdemon
Hunter

Re: Gardening

Postby zombreach » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:28 pm

I also garden vertically ( I call it upright gardening). I do it for my back--I hate all the bending involved in a "normal" garden. Due to my recent move, I will have to rebuild all my garden structures. I have tried a lot of different types--chicken wire with a straw base, green wood frames, and doubled buckets. I will probably build some green wood frames and keep my tomatoes in the buckets. This will be my winter project.
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby angelicdemon » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:01 am

I was going to build a different type of vertical garden by screwing some window planters onto the front of a pallet but for whatever reason, probably got lazy, I didn't build it. I would have planted a regular garden but I live with my sister and she didn't want me tilling up her yard.
angelicdemon
Hunter

Postby Bob » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:45 am

That's pretty kool way to grow stuff.
I don't have room in my yard
Well actually the dogs would either eat it or piss on it.
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby zombreach » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:16 pm

My cats actually take out a lot of my plants by "pissing" on them. The plants die pretty quickly--especially since my one cat chooses one plant and continuously pees on it until it is dead. Perhaps he thinks of it as his summer project. He can be a real asshole!
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby kiltedninja » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:16 pm

I got a relatively low yield from my actual produce this year, mostly because I started small on my garden. Certain crops grew better than others, my jalapeno plant still has one pepper growing. I have garlic in now, it's coming along well.
He who wears the cloth, will always wear the cloth, and those that wear the cloth will always have a brother in me.
kiltedninja
Hunter

Return to Surviving in a City