First Choice of Realistic Hold

Surviving the threat from other Survivors

Re: First Choice of Realistic Hold

Postby apocalypsepal » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:31 pm

UnderDude wrote:Probably the inlaws place. Only access is in front and rear with 1 window and two doors that are accessible from outside. Don't know what would be worse though. The stench from the Zeds or the Russian food. The Zeds moaning or the mother-in-law yapping.....

My inlaws have something similar, but one of the access points in a basement-only door. This would be a pretty nice bug-out point for a last-ditch retreat.
In the animal kingdom, one of the keys to survival is to outwit your enemies.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
More Tips and Products from Apocalypse Pal
apocalypsepal
Survivor

Postby zackattack » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:50 pm

I'm going to an underground vault.
Insanity is the reality that sanity is flawed.
Fear nothing,conquer all,never accept defeat.
zackattack
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Jester » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:43 pm

apocalypsepal wrote:Given the choice of one realistic place to survive, where would you go to avoid both zomz and humans?

Keep in mind that others might have the same ideas as you, which would drive them to head to those places as well.

As such, Costco, Wal-Mart, or any other big box store might not be the best option.

Can't wait to hear your opinions.

If by "realistic" you mean "within my current means and budget," I'd head to Pike's Peak, about ten miles west of me. They have a station at the top that's buttoned up for winter and blocked in once winter starts. If "realistic" means "no hiding in a flying castle in an alternate universe you unimaginative ass-hat," I'd go to my uncle's sleepy town in Florida, where he lives on a farm and is into hardcore self-sustained living on his own.
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everything drops to zero."
Jester
Survivor

Postby zombreach » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:19 am

I would love to be self-sustaining, I have a lot of the skills, but would not have any idea how much food I would need to grow in order to survive the winter.

Due to my recent move, I do not know where I would hold up other than in my own home. I have not had a chance to look into viable options in my area. If traveling far distances is safe, I have lots of options: Mackinac Island or Serenity (I think Serenity will be temporarily based at Bob's house, until a more suitable location can be ascertained).
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:01 pm

I have been to the top of Pikes Peak several times.
I think it might get really freaking cold up there.
It's pretty cool up there in the summer. I can't imagine what it would be like in the winter.

I had a couple of drinks with a really pretty twenty something up at the peak.
Had the mini's in my pocket they don't sell alcohol up there.
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Previous

Return to The Human Threat