Oh no! Mauraders!

Surviving the threat from other Survivors

Re: Oh no! Mauraders!

Postby Mrknot » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:16 am

CavWarrior wrote:It would seem so. I wonder if Nat Geo doesn't deliberately pick the most idiotic people they can find for the show.

You know they do.
I just wonder though...where do these idiots get their money?
Some of the folks they profile have hundreds of thousands of dollars devoted to their preps!
Sprawling estates with multiple buildings, weapons and ammo out the wazoo, and large fortunes sunk into food stores and bunkers.

I wish I had 1/10th the resources most of those folks have. One could have a pretty impressive set-up if you weren't terminally stupid, like so many of those profiled on the show.

I agree, I don't think any real prepper with half a brain would agree to go on that show. Talk about an absolute compromise of Op-Sec...sheesh...

And yet I still watch it every week and can't wait for the next episode.

It's kind of like the "if I won the lottery" game.
Mrknot
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby SoB » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:45 am

CavWarrior wrote:It would seem so. I wonder if Nat Geo doesn't deliberately pick the most idiotic people they can find for the show. Then, I can't imagine real preppers vying to get on a show like that.

I think it is more the show attracts morons.

Think about it cav. Would you go on tv, show the world wear your lovel rural house is and what gear you have. That just stupid.

Has mrknot said op-sec. Being on this show is like saying I have way more money than brains.

Fact is I would put a ex speciol forces trained persone that has done zero preping and has 1 arm a big chance of making it than a lot of the fools on that show.
SoB
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby CavWarrior » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:36 pm

I agree. The real, serious preppers refuse to be shown while the terminally stupid rush to show off what they have. It seems that most they show have quite a bit of money. Could it be an instance of having more money than sense?
CavWarrior
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Kavorkian » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Has to be. I'd never consider going on that show. What's the point? Show off? All you're doing is telling people in your area that you got stuff worth taking. Hell, going on the show, you're essentially making an inventory list for would-be thieves.
Professional soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs.
Kavorkian
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby CavWarrior » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Or as in the case of the "marauder" dumbass, letting people in the area know who needs to be shot first.
CavWarrior
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:18 pm

You cannot be an army of one but you can without a doubt take an honor guard to hell with you.
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby angelicdemon » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:58 pm

I have a feeling it more over-confidence than anything. "Yeah we're prepared, we have guns so try and take it." The preppier Dave Sarti, can't remember what his preps are, has a youtibe channel and one of his videos is him talking about how he regrets being on the show. He says something along the lines that he did it to help spread the prepper culture but once he saw the show realized that all they wanted to do was make everyone seem crazy.
angelicdemon
Hunter

Postby Kavorkian » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:35 pm

The guys that crack me up are the ones that start messing with binary explosives. There was one idiot who had 'strategically placed' five gallon buckets with a mixture of ammonium nitrate and aluminum powder.
Professional soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs.
Kavorkian
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Crow Lee » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:40 pm

I can kinda see why they show the extravagant ones, though. Does anyone remember the road kill eater or the hippy commune, or the peace loving subarb? The producers of Nat Geo obviously watch the ratings and have realized that no one cares unless the viewer thinks they can do it better. In my opinion, we killed DDP.
A warrior's worst enemy is peace. -unknown
Crow Lee
Survivor

Postby kiltedninja » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:16 pm

I'd never consider wearing that much armor. If I set in a defensive position I'd booby trap the hell out of it. I'd be willing to wager that his kind would stop trying to take my stuff after a blast from an IED. He'd probably get a lot of people killed in a PAW with Lewis up there.
He who wears the cloth, will always wear the cloth, and those that wear the cloth will always have a brother in me.
kiltedninja
Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Human Threat