Would You Believe A ZA ?!

Surviving the threat from other Survivors

Would You Believe A ZA ?!

Postby LoneWolf » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:18 pm

I was wondering if anyone here would believe news bulletins and 'apparent' footage of a ZA and zed attacks, knowing the tv pranks shows, reality tv, etc., etc., enough to actually raise a firearm and 'take out' a possible (convincing) zed on the word(s) of those on the television ?

Would you laugh, hesitate, panic, or delight in the impossible idea zombies exist ?

Would your prepping take a back seat in preference to thinking you were being tricked, in case you were being made a fool of on youtube, etc., therefore reflecting badly on the likes of us/survivors/preppers ?

We've all seen tv/youtube pranks that could've gone dangerously wrong !
Once more into the fray,
Into the last good fight I'll ever know,
Live and die on this day,
Live and die on this day.

-The Grey-
LoneWolf
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Re: Would You Believe A ZA ?!

Postby Red Star » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:54 pm

So you just catch one first so you can make sure! ;)
Time to get up, you're not dead yet...
but you certainly will be if you don't move your ass!
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby LoneWolf » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:03 pm

Yes. I guess that'd be a start. However, what if captured zed happened to be a prankster taking advantage of a bad situation, being one of the non-believers of an actual ZA.

So you capture this false zed and then let your guard down ?
Once more into the fray,

-The Grey-
LoneWolf
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby mission_survivor » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:03 pm

I think most people would dismiss first accounts of an zombie outbreak. I also feel that the governments would also encourage the disbelief (once it had been controlled).

If the outbreak was widespread and numerous reports of zombies started to saturate the media, I think most would still struggle to "believe" that it's real.

I think too many people would think it was a publicity stunt for the walking dead, or other zombie-event.

Makes me think that the worst possible time for an outbreak would be during zombie-themed runs/obstacle courses.

As for what I would do, I would not get near anyone acting like a zombie, nor would I try to kill anything. Once I get home, I would put on the network/station I trust most for accurate news coverage. IF I see a real zombie start ripping apart someone I know not to be a prankster, I would not wait for confirmation of zombies.

Do you think if during a prank, someone shoots a "zombie" that they would be cleared of any wrongful death/murder charges if their defense is, "But I really thought it WAS a zombie!" or would that statement also be grounds for mentally incompetent?
Most of my comments should be read with your best "BROCK SAMSON" voice. While others should be read with your best "CLINT EASTWOOD" voice. A few, and I mean a very few should be read with your best "JOE PESCI" voice.
mission_survivor
Hunter

Postby ConSeannery » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:49 pm

I think there's a video on Youtube of some guy running around with fake blood all over his chest and shirt, pretending to be a zombie. He stopped when someone drew on him. I think that would be the major factor. A gun pointed at your chest is universal for 'I'm done fucking around'
Never hit first. Always hit back.

The only thing worse than a zombie trying to eat you, is a zombie trying to eat you while it is on fire.
ConSeannery
Hunter

Postby LoneWolf » Thu May 01, 2014 5:42 am

I think there'd be grounds for not being charged for murder, if killing someone who, for whatever reason/purpose made you fear for your life, especially in the fear-filled society of today.

Maybe manslaughter, on the grounds you didn't go out seeking to kill pretend zombies ! :WTF:
Once more into the fray,

-The Grey-
LoneWolf
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Red Star » Thu May 01, 2014 5:43 am

LoneWolf wrote:Yes. I guess that'd be a start. However, what if captured zed happened to be a prankster taking advantage of a bad situation, being one of the non-believers of an actual ZA.

So you capture this false zed and then let your guard down ?

Here in Dodge City, we NEVER let our guard down!
Time to get up, you're not dead yet...
but you certainly will be if you don't move your ass!
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Thu May 01, 2014 1:51 pm

Reminds me of the plot in Diary Of The Dead. We'd get more accurate and faster reports from those using social media, YouTube, and bloggers. You know there would be thousands of uploaded videos.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Thu May 01, 2014 5:45 pm

Mainstream media would not present the truth if it bit them in the ass.
Just look how they protect the obamination.
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby LoneWolf » Thu May 01, 2014 6:42 pm

I believe either the computer system would crash, or all media would be blocked by the Government(s) to prevent panic.
Once more into the fray,

-The Grey-
LoneWolf
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Next

Return to The Human Threat