World War Z

Zombie Movies

Re: World War Z

Postby SWAT Zombie » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:33 am

I liked this movie. I really liked the scenes in Israel. I didn't mind the movie not resembling the book. Honestly, I really didn't like the book. Spent too much time focusing on the people's jobs and lives before the outbreak, not enough on how they survived the zombies. Having said that though, I think a movie true to the book could have potentially worked well. I would have liked to see it done in the style of District 9. Switching between doco, interviews, news footage and movie style scenes could have been very cool. Would love to have seen the Battle of Yonkers. That was a part of the book I actually loved.
I may be dead but I'm still pretty
SWAT Zombie
Hunter

Postby mission_survivor » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:14 am

The scene in Israel, I would not have been doing karaoke with the undead at the walls. Agreed it should not have been titled "World War Z", maybe had it as a sub-title. I really did not like the parkour zombies. And what was the turn time... 18 seconds?

Overall, I did enjoy it.
Most of my comments should be read with your best "BROCK SAMSON" voice. While others should be read with your best "CLINT EASTWOOD" voice. A few, and I mean a very few should be read with your best "JOE PESCI" voice.
mission_survivor
Hunter

Postby Bob » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:38 pm

I thought the movie was fraught with flaws.
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby mission_survivor » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:47 am

Yeah... Hey, let me grab a random virus and infect myself... Gee... I hope they have a cure for this thing... Look Ma, the zombies don't attack me (cough cough)...
Most of my comments should be read with your best "BROCK SAMSON" voice. While others should be read with your best "CLINT EASTWOOD" voice. A few, and I mean a very few should be read with your best "JOE PESCI" voice.
mission_survivor
Hunter

Postby Mrknot » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:41 am

The one part of that movie that has stuck with me was when Brad Pitt thought he might have been infected while he was on the roof top, runs to the edge, and waits, ready to jump if he turns...always thought that was pretty cool, don't know why?
The rest of the movie was...meh...
Mrknot
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:14 pm

The solution was too easy.
The virus was too fast.
They were infected not zombies.

It should have been named World War V (for virus)
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Mrknot » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:08 pm

I smell a return of the NaZ squad.
Mrknot
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby mission_survivor » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Okay, maybe it is my age or something... What is the NaZ Squad?
mission_survivor
Hunter

Postby Red Star » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:13 am

Read the book a while back long after this thread started- liked it very much. Just saw the movie yesterday, was interesting. Definitely not like the book but did use some of the subject matter from it. The ending certainly was abrupt, all things considered. However, I did enjoy it enough to watch again some time.
Time to get up, you're not dead yet...
but you certainly will be if you don't move your ass!
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby zombreach » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:03 am

I've watched it a few times--good movie--although I agree it has little to do with the book.

I'm trying to remember if the victims would turn after they were dead. Since the infection occurred so fast after a bite, I assume most of them were merely infected, not zombies,

NaZ squad member was here!
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

PreviousNext

Return to Movies