World War Z

Zombie Movies

Re: World War Z

Postby SWAT Zombie » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:23 pm

I agree. I think they might have been more infected zombies rather than undead zombies

TaZ Squad something something
:stagger:
I may be dead but I'm still pretty
SWAT Zombie
Hunter

Postby Red Star » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:49 pm

Some of them appeared dead in some scenes, and others "killed" certainly kept coming unless taking head shots or injuries of some type. Either way it was madness en mass!
Time to get up, you're not dead yet...
but you certainly will be if you don't move your ass!
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Dark Gale » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:49 am

I really didn't like the movie at all, and that's without even comparing it to the book (Which I'd only read about half of anyway). It almost felt less about zombies and more about just Brad Pitt. Many of the shots were nothing more than a close up of his face, and the fact that production pushed to hard to get it a PG-13 rating so it could rake in as much money as possible meant that the gore was nearly nonexistent for most of the movie. When the zombies do show up it usually involves terrible CGI rendering mass hordes that makes all the zombies look fake. I get it, a lot of the scenes can't be done using real actors, especially some of the ones in Israel. However this doesn't excuse the fact that all the zombies have a plastic sheen and look like they're pulled straight out of a videogame. Nearly every character that they introduced in the movie died right away too with Brad Pitt managing to escape and hop on yet another plane to rinse and repeat the same thing. Horribly blatant plot armor where everybody except for him serves as nothing but a chunk of meat tossed to the lions so that he can escape pretty much unscathed. I wouldn't say it was disappointing, because I didn't expect much to begin with, but I definitely didn't like what I saw.
Dark Gale
Survivor

Postby LoneWolf » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:39 pm

I totally agree with DG. I haven't been able to watch the film again as I know how crap it gets at the end.

They need to take a tip from the past regarding zed movies, not right back, but back to the NOTLD remake in 1990, which still depicted Romero zombies in their purest form, using better zed make-up.

Taking that one step further, NOTLD upgraded with TWD zombies with more threat and trapped survivors, with few weapons.

Get rid of fast zeds, the infected, heavily armed soldiers, and get back to basics with civilian survivors but in a modern setting.
Once more into the fray,
Into the last good fight I'll ever know,
Live and die on this day,
Live and die on this day.

-The Grey-
LoneWolf
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Cpt Rhodes » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:38 pm

The movie was OK. I thought that they went a little overboard on the fast moving zombies. It was like watching a movie about zombie ants. But Brad PItt made it worth watching. It was like Will Smith's I Am Legend, good acting, bad CGI.
Cpt Rhodes
Survivor

Postby Bob » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:30 am

If memory serves they had to reshoot the last part of that movie because the trial viewings went so badly
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Cpt Rhodes » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:34 pm

Trying to fiqure out which was the better zombie movie WWZ or Day of the Dead - Need to Feed ? :BFG:
Cpt Rhodes
Survivor

Postby UnderDude » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:26 am

WWZ was pretty cool, the unrated version at least. Agreed, I liked the scenes taking place in Israel. The scene inside the airliner was pretty intense, a new twist in a zed flick. That would seriously suck. Firearms inside a cabin don't blend well and you're in tight quarters. No place to hide aside from the bathrooms. The scene with that huge retaining wall was awesome!
I expected more from this film based on the cast and budget. They could have made the film a little shorter in my opinion.....

The best thing about DOTD (2008) was AnnaLynne McCord, way too hot for a zed flick. Mena Suvari comes in at a distant 2nd. Ving Rhimes didn't have much of a role in this film. What really ruined it for me was the lovesick vegetarian zed.
Too many goofy sequences along the lines of Return/Revenge of the Living Dead, Planet Terror, and Night of the Comet.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:02 am

The ZPOC will be a hell of a solution to obesity won't it?
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby zombreach » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:23 am

You have a point Bob--best diet plan ever!! Of course, that is only if the obesity factor doesn't cause death before weight loss (i.e. poor cardio). :Huge:
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

PreviousNext

Return to Movies