Watch Any Freaky Films Lately?

Zombie Movies

Watch Any Freaky Films Lately?

Postby UnderDude » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:46 pm

Tell us about them.
We signed up with Netflix again. They've added some movies since we last used them, but they've dropped so many more, especially TV shows and series.
I've watched these in the last few days.....
V/H/S - OK, a kinda lost footage story with decent plots.

V/H/S/2 - The first was better, but the lost footage in this one involved zombies. Pretty decent Zeds too.

The Bay - Kind of a cross between a few previous films like The Fog and The Mist. Parasites infect humans.

Ted Bundy - Not a bad take on this creep. Silly at times but I've seen much worse.

Paranormal Activity 4 Uncut - There's 90 minutes I'll never get back. Yuck.....

The Final - Nerds and geeks unite and take revenge on the "cool kids" at a Halloween party. Not bad, but not as gory as I'd hoped.

Sick Nurses - Japanese film with subtitles. A ghost takes revenge on a doctor and some nurses. ALL the nurses in this film were very attractive. That's about it.

Other films I watched again......

The Beguiled - a damn good movie in my opinion, not something you'd normally associate Clint Eastwood with. The character "Carol" (Played by Jo Ann Harris who is very hot with a rack that could dial a rotary phone) steals the show. Excellent twist at the end.

Act Of Vengence - a group of women that were attacked by the same rapist take matters into their own hands after receiving zero help from authorities. A pretty graphic rape scene is included, so be warned. Jo Ann Harris is the lead female. I must admit the only reason I bothered with this film is Jo Ann Harris.

Descent - Not to be confused with the caving movie of the same title, this is about the rape of a college student (Rosario Dawson) that sends her in a downward spiral until she crosses paths with rapist later in life. She shows him the true meaning of humiliation. If you can't stick with the entire film just start halfway through it. The last 30 minutes or so are shocking.

Hostel Trilogy - #1 was brilliant to me, you didn't have a clue what was going to happen next.
#2 I liked, Lauren German is hot and played her role beautifully. Bijou Phillips (Who I've always had a thing for) ends up in the dungeon as well.
#3 was lame and NOT directed by Quinton Tarantino, so it's lacking substance. Check it out but don't get your hopes up.

Session 9 - Good film about an asbestos removal team hired to clean up an old insane asylum within a short timeframe.

Maniac- A remake of the original 1980 film starring Elija Wood. It's a sorry attempt so skip this one.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Re: Watch Any Freaky Films Lately?

Postby zombreach » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:18 pm

I'm not sure if this movie would be considered freaky, but I just watched War of the Dead on instant Netflix. Not a great film, but definitely a decent watch.

Here is the synopsis:

In 1942, Capt. Martin Stone leads an American unit on a mission to destroy an enemy bunker, joining forces with an elite platoon of soldiers. But the troops find themselves being attacked by the same soldiers they killed in an earlier ambush.
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Red Star » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:31 am

Not so freaky, but definitely has some creepy...

The Thirteenth Warrior

A sleeper movie based on the novel Eaters of the Dead by Michael Crichton(never read it, wished I had though). It seemed to flop in the theaters but everyone I have shown it to has loved it.
Time to get up, you're not dead yet...
but you certainly will be if you don't move your ass!
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Mrknot » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:32 pm

About a 6 on the creepy meter; just watched "Chained", with Vincent D'onofrio and a cameo by Jake Weber, (DOTD '04).
D'onofrio, (one of my all time faves), plays a serial killer who captures a mother and her young son. He kills the mom and attempts to raise the boy to be his protege.
Not a bad flick...
Mrknot
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Red Star » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:25 pm

No Way!!! :o

Private Pyle was my big fav, he's done some weird stuff! Going to have to check this one out when I can, Thanks for the info! ;)
Time to get up, you're not dead yet...
but you certainly will be if you don't move your ass!
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:59 am

13th Warrior is a great film.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby angelicdemon » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:30 am

Haven't watched any lately but Session 9 is a good one.
angelicdemon
Hunter

Postby UnderDude » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:43 am

Another film I liked is Subject 2. One of a kind plot.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby zombreach » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:58 pm

I just watched John Dies At The End--a very freaky movie!

Synopsis: Promising a trip that transcends time and space, a drug called Soy Sauce is sweeping the landscape -- and quietly robbing users of their humanity. Now, it's up to a couple of slackers to stop the psychotropic invasion before it's too late.
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:05 pm

Got a good one for you breachy,
The Theatre Bizarre
Disgusting, gory, somewhat erotic Creepshow-like shorts
A strong stomach is a good thing to have for this one.

I also watched another called Jack The Reaper
Jack was a train man that's now out for revenge for something (I never really figured out why).
Kind of a ripoff of Jeepers Creepers, The Reeker, and Funhouse all rolled into one.
School bus breaks down on the way home from a field trip filled with jocks, nerds, sluts, an outcast, and a deaf girl (in the middle of nowhere of course). Not far from the highway they see the bright lights of a carnival full of rides and games but not a soul in sight. So what are high schoolers supposed to do in this situation? Well, it's nothing out of the ordinary right? Let's split up and ride some rides! Nothing's gonna happen.....
Tony Todd's character is active in only about ten minutes near the beginning. With his looks and voice he's always a good creepy guy type.

Trailer for "The Theatre Bizarre"
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Next

Return to Movies