NOTLD 1990 - Meant To Have A Sequel ?

Zombie Movies

Re: NOTLD 1990 - Meant To Have A Sequel ?

Postby LoneWolf » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:59 am

Yes, I guess it is difficult to be truly scared after the massive amount of other horror movies over the years.

However, zeds need to up their game and start being frightening again for the modern audiences.
Once more into the fray,
Into the last good fight I'll ever know,
Live and die on this day,
Live and die on this day.

-The Grey-
LoneWolf
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:32 pm

This movie popped up on Encore last night. Got it on TiVo!
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:40 pm

Name sounds familiar.
I have seen so many I lose track.
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:32 pm

The one Tony Todd was in.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby mission_survivor » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:43 pm

I think the 1990 remake was intended to be a "relaunch" of the Dead trilogy, but was not successful enough at the box office when it was released. Savini had to edit out the gore to get the NC-17 rating dropped to an R. Most critics panned the film as it was exactly like the '68 version (except colorized). So without commercial success, the trilogy was not remade.

However, DotD remake was almost exactly the same as its original, but now with fast zombies... box office success, and relaunched or rather reanimated the Zombie Genre.

Although, I have to give credit to Sony's Resident Evil games (1996) and film (2002) for the return of the undead success.
Most of my comments should be read with your best "BROCK SAMSON" voice. While others should be read with your best "CLINT EASTWOOD" voice. A few, and I mean a very few should be read with your best "JOE PESCI" voice.
mission_survivor
Hunter

Postby Cpt Rhodes » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:09 pm

I liked Night of the Living Dead 1990 better than the original, especially in how they changed Barbara's character. I didnt like what they did with Harry Cooper, in NOTLD 68 he was just some scared guy, worried about his daughter, in NOTLD 1990 he was a total prick. Im glad Barbara shot him.

A little note * in the scene were Barbara wakes up in the jeep at the end, and the bikers were having fun with the zombies in the corral, some of the bikers were the ones that raided the mall in Dawn of the Dead 1978.
Cpt Rhodes
Survivor

Postby LoneWolf » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:23 pm

Yes, the 1990 version is the best in my opinion.

Harry Cooper was a good opposite to Barbara's character. At the very beginning she is quite nervy, nerdy and easily scared by her brother in the cemetery, but turned out to be both brave and smart. Harry on the other hand used his aggression to hide cowardice and fear of the dead, but his true nature is revealed all the way through the film.

In any given situation, everybody working together is the ideal scenario, but made worse by someone who doesn't do anything to help, but also, rather than sitting or hiding quietly, insist on shouting and being an absolute annoying fuck in an already bad situation.

Therefore, Harry was placed to create an incredibly tense and volatile atmosphere inside the house, whilst the others were trying to defend it against the surrounding undead.
Once more into the fray,
Into the last good fight I'll ever know,
Live and die on this day,
Live and die on this day.

-The Grey-
LoneWolf
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Previous

Return to Movies