Films You'll Never Watch Again?

Zombie Movies

Films You'll Never Watch Again?

Postby UnderDude » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:49 pm

Came across this list this morning. Damnedest thing is, some of the films listed are my all time favorites. My comments about each one.....

1) American History X
An excellent film with great acting. Perhaps a little disturbing but what films on this subject AREN'T disturbing? I have it on DVD and on my hard drive. I've seen it maybe 20 times.

2) The Devil's Rejects
The follow up film to House Of A 1,000 Corpses also directed by Rob Zombie. Lots of gore, new ways to torture and kill people, and a perfect compliment of comedy. Zombie genre fans should recognize most of the cast here. In contrast, this film has what I believe to be the greatest soundtrack of all time. This is also in my DVD collection and on the ol hard drive. I lost count how many times I've watched this one.

3) Bad Lieutenant
Now here's two hours I'll never get back. If you don't wish to see Harvey Kietel stoned out of his mind dancing (And weeping) with full frontal nudity, jerking off on the street during a traffic stop of two underage teens, a violent and graphic gang rape of a nun (including the use of a metal cross)......Skip it all together. I can't say anything good about this one. I watched it once. That was plenty.

4) The Audition
This one is twisted! A Japanese film with English subtitles (I don't mind subtitles at all if the film is interesting) and includes many of the strange Japanese fetishes. A widower's friend convinces him to hold fake auditions for a non-existent movie but he calls a few of the girls for dates before telling them they weren't chosen. It includes flashbacks to child incest. To me this film ranks #1 in the torture department. It was unbelievable! Trust me, you'll wince during every torture scene. Never judge a book by its cover. I've watched this a few times, but it's scary shit for us men.

5) The Birth Of A Nation
Released way back in 1915, it deals mostly with the KKK. I haven't seen it, but I will eventually.

6) Lilya 4Ever
About the sex slave industry in Europe. Another one I'll watch eventually.

7) The Elephant Man
About John Merrick's life and what he endured. Added to my list.

8) Biutiful
Starring Javier Bardem. This is the first I heard of this film and it doesn't sound like something I'd like.

9) Amaros Perros
Have'nt seen, don't want to. There is apparently a rather extended scene of a gruesome dog fight.

10) The Road
Watched it once, no desire to watch it again. To be honest the little boy was annoying to me.

Seen any of these? Chime in.....
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Re: Films You'll Never Watch Again?

Postby Bob » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:38 pm

I watched The Road once.
I have no interest in watching it again.
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Mrknot » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:11 am

Loved Bad Liutenant. The sequel, with Nick Cage was pretty weak though.

The only one of these I haven't seen is "The Audition"...will have to check it out.
Mrknot
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:18 am

Make sure you don't end up with the edited version that is sometimes shown on IFC and Sundance.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Red Star » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:10 am

I have only seen 2.2 of them...

American History X

Elephant Man

part of The Devils Rejects

The first two were good, but I will probably not watch any of these(or to see the rest of) again.
Time to get up, you're not dead yet...
but you certainly will be if you don't move your ass!
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Sorry y'all, I had to do it.....
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Cornflakes » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:28 pm

Argh my eyes! Thanks alot underdude.

I really loved Biutiful, its its pretty Bleak but Javier Bardem's acting is fantastic in it. I forgot how much I enjoyed that film may have to call into HMV and buy it.

I've never seen Bad Lieutenant, though I have a feeling if I did watch it I wouldn't watch it again. To be honest I don't even think I'll watch it ever.

As for audition I really enjoyed it and the book, but I think that I wouldn't watch it again. Not because of scenes in it, but I don't think it will have the same effect as it did when I 1st watched it.
Cornflakes
Survivor

Postby CavWarrior » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:11 pm

Oh, Christ!!! Thanks UD! Now I need eye bleach!!

American History X is one of my favorite films. Edward Norton was at his best in it.

Devil's Rejects was insane!! I'd watch it again.

The Road didn't impress me. The book was much better. Not a movie I'd see again.

The Elephant Man was a good movie. I'd watch it again.

The Birth Of A Nation. I've seen bits of it, but never the entire film. It's worth watching for the history alone.

Many of those movies I never heard of and have no desire to with some of the descriptions I read.
CavWarrior
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:20 am

Ed is an excellent actor indeed.....

You won't watch Audition? At least watch a couple of trailers. The torture scenes should'nt be too hard to find online, but the unedited version may be difficult locating.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Cornflakes » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:12 pm

UnderDude wrote:You won't watch Audition? At least watch a couple of trailers.

Cav you should give audition a chance, Takashi Miike is my fave director. He also directed Ichi the Killer, The Happiness of the Katakuris and 13 Assassins. Though he well known for his black sense of humor and over the top gore and violence for every controversial film he makes he has either a childrens film or a drama film to balance it out.

Check out his epsoide of masters of horror "Imprint" Its fantastic if you don't want to watch audition. I recommend it.
Cornflakes
Survivor

Next

Return to Movies