The Remaining

Zombie Novels and Stories

The Remaining

Postby ConSeannery » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:21 am

I believe I mentioned something about these in the list thread, but I just finished up the series and I felt they deserved their own.

The Remaining by D.J. Molles follows Captain Lee Harden, a former Army Ranger, and several others on their mission to build America back up from it's ashes after a devastating 'infection' burns through the world. The pacing of these books is incredible, and I was constantly at the edge of my seat reading them. I would thoroughly recommend these six books to anyone searching for a new zombie series to kill time with. They might well be my favorite 'zombie books', and certainly in my top 10 overall.

The Six books are The Remaining, Aftermath, Refugees, Fractured, Allegiance, and Extinction
Never hit first. Always hit back.

The only thing worse than a zombie trying to eat you, is a zombie trying to eat you while it is on fire.
ConSeannery
Hunter

Re: The Remaining

Postby zombreach » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:55 pm

I have been reading these books back-to-back. They are great--very intense and fast-paced! There are a few inconsistencies, but overall, well written and worth a read. I just started the final book, Extinction. I can't wait to see how it all ends!
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:30 am

Sounds like something I need to read when I get some of the stuff I already have finished.
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby zombreach » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:01 pm

I think you will really like them Bob! You will have to share your thoughts if you get a chance to read them.

Once I finish the last book, I will be selling the set on e-bay. I never re-read books, so its a great way to get back some of the money spent on them.
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby amsemple » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:50 pm

I really liked the first book - a lot! The second was good but as most 'book 2s' go, it was a bit weaker than the first. I liked book 3 better than 2, still not as much as the first. Haven't gotten beyond book three at this point but will likely get caught up once the weather changes (I read much more in the winter months).
My new book!!! SITUATION Z - Check it out today!
amsemple
Bait

Return to Books