Dawn Of The Living Dead [Closed]

This is where the Role Players hang out!

Dawn Of The Living Dead [Closed]

Postby Owen Thorne » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:31 am

Dawn of the Living Dead

Inspired by George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead

Introduction

These streets are empty. Riddled with cars, garbage and bodies. Most of the buildings have been boarded up or abandoned. It would have seemed the entire city just, up and evacuated, leaving life as it were here at a standstill. But no war was fought here. No natural disaster or riots took place here. Something far worse happened here. Something that up until a few months ago, only happened in our wildest dreams.

The days following that night when the undead rose from the ashes of life to roam the earth, seeking human flesh to devour, were the longest of our lives. They came at us from behind, guard down. One day you're driving home after a long day at work, stressed about the simple, mundane problems of your life. The next, you're holed up in a strange house covered with your wife's blood, clinging to a pump-action shotgun completely fractured from reality.

But hope, and the strength of a man's will to survive are funny things. Even when all seems lost, when swallowing the barrel of a shotgun seems like the only logical course of action, men will cling to any distant hope... No matter how impossible.

The stench of rotting corpses was something you learned to handle, but you couldn't get used to it. The smell gave away the hordes shorty before they arrived when the wind was right, but it wasn't much of a help most of the time. There are more of them than there are of us now, and there are more of those fucking things turning up every day.

The military continued to broadcast radio and satellite transmissions for survivors, giving bullshit instructions, talking about some stronghold in Washington D.C.. A so-called undead-free zone. I could only ask myself what happened to the rest of the fucking country. But Arizona was a long way from the capitol.

Still it bothered me that D.C. was the only stronghold they had managed to create. But if this thing was viral, it wasn't exactly the kind of problem the army could shoot it's way out of. Whispers among survivors I had met in Hope suggested a carrier or two were safely fortified at sea, but they wouldn't take on any survivors for fear of infection, but whispers they remained.

Truth was, we were alone out here. No band of good 'ol boys was going to roll through on tanks and trucks to save us. We were all alone, left to fend for ourselves and find refuge, or die, feeding, strengthening the undead hordes. And I wasn't going to let that happen. I couldn't.
Chief Zombie Regulator
______ :sniper: :stagger: ______
Owen Thorne
Bait

Return to Role Playing