LOCK DOWN--IC

This is where the Role Players hang out!

Re: LOCK DOWN--IC

Postby zombreach » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:11 pm

Cass looked at the variety of weapons available as Jeff picked up the assault rifle. She had only handled a few guns and was not familiar with many of the ones at her disposal. Her hand went directly to the one handgun she was pretty accurate with--a Glock 17. She grabbed a box of ammunitions and two spare clips, filling them quickly before joining Jeff at the door.

"What's your plan?" She asked. "You mentioned gathering supplies and setting up a living area. We should probably get to the nurse's station for some things...and I'd like to head up to the ground floor also. Is that where you came from?"
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby cool99061 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:17 pm

"I was planning on grabbing beds from the nurse's area, making the armory nicer, and then taking out the infected." Jeff then stops mid-stride. "You're the daughter of the doctor working on X-15, aren't you..." Jeff turns around. "What do you know about it?"
cool99061
Survivor

Postby zombreach » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:59 pm

"Ah, yes, the big question." Cass thought as soon as the guard asked about X-15. She was wondering when it would come up. Everyone at the lab knew it existed, but little else. She worked by her father's side as his assistant, and unfortunately, she knew too much.

"I know it's classified." She stated simply, then realizing the current circumstances might call for a little more information, she added with a sigh, "It's a virus and it appears to be airborne and acting without stimulus." She was afraid to go into too much detail, but if the situation continued to deteriorate, it really wouldn't matter. "The only thing you really need to know is, you don't have it. There is a five percent immunity--at least on a cellular level. It seems to be holding true so far." She swallowed, realizing just how dire their chances of survival were becoming. "We might not be the only ones exposed. If the virus escaped the building before lock down, the whole surrounding area could be affected."

Cass shivered, pulling her arms in closer to her body. It wasn't only the dropping temperature that were sending a chill through her body. "How are you with computers...or wiring? It's getting damn cold down here."
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby cool99061 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:59 pm

"Computers, eh?" Jeff grins. "Let's just say I've gotten in trouble more than once for hacking my school's database." Jeff then notices the researcher is cold. "I'll try to find where the heating is, and get it going." Jeff then realizes he forgot something. He quickly grabs a two-point sling for his gun.
Last edited by cool99061 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cool99061
Survivor

Postby Shelbyman82nd » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:04 pm

"Well, hell...that's a lot more than I was planning on doing...I'm in." Shelby replied as he slung his backpack and scooted over to the door. Shelby followed Crow out of the locker room and into the hallway. There was one infected that Crow quickly dispatched with a shot to the head. Other than their recently departed company, they were alone. "That's the stairway I took up from LLB. I took out two infected in there, and the guy that went downstairs took that route...know any others that are less traveled?" Shelby asked.
We Bury Our Mistakes -TF Recon Medics
Shelbyman82nd
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Crow Lee » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:03 am

As the echo of the shot died away down the long, cool hallways Crow winced, realizing his mistake. He quickly holstered his gun, tapped his blade to ensure he'd pull that first next time, and turned to Shelby. "Since I just rang the dinner bell, we should probably get going. As far as I know there's only one way to go". Without waiting for a reply, he took of at a sprint for the stairs. Upon reaching the door he checked through the little window and only saw the corpses that Shelby had left there earlier. Crow flung open the door, stepped aside, and waited for Shelby to go through it. Moans and shuffling could already be heard around every corner. 'Well at least I ensured that they'd all be in one place when help arrives,' Crow snidely thought to himself. 'Hopefully noone else needs anything from their locker.'
A warrior's worst enemy is peace. -unknown
Crow Lee
Survivor

Postby Shelbyman82nd » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:22 pm

"Shit," Shelby thought to himself as he whisked through the door, hearing snarls in the hallway. Sounds like there were lots of infected up there. He hoped they didn't know how to track movement or open doors, but he didn't know. He followed Crow through the stairway where he had butchered the two infected. No sign of the other guy. They reached LLB. Shelby and Crow peeked through the window. The woman Shelby left earlier was lying facedown in a pool of blood in the middle of the hallway. She wasn't moving. Shelby whispered, "That's the woman I left earlier. She was alone when I left, in the 2nd room on the right." No sooner had Shelby said this then they heard a bang on the door. A second later, an infected face appeared in the window. They both braced against the door. Their weight was enough to keep it closed.

"Did you see any others?" Crow asked.
"No, just the woman. I don't know who this is." Shelby replied.
"It's one of the LLB scientists, not a bigwig though. We need to take him out silently. Attracting attention like we did up there will get us killed." Crow stated.
"Yup. I think the less attention we bring, the better off we'll be. Hopefully your armory has some melee weapons. All I've got is this IV pole and two knives for melee." Shelby said.
"Yeah, we need to get you something. The armory has nightsticks and hooligan bars and such...anyways, let's get going, sitting here isn't helping anyone. Next stop, the Armory, then the server closet." Crow said, as he gritted his teeth and prepared for the unknown.
"Let's do it." Shelby replied, tensed as well, adrenaline flowing.
We Bury Our Mistakes -TF Recon Medics
Shelbyman82nd
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby zombreach » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:06 pm

cool99061 wrote:"Computers, eh?" Jeff grins. "Let's just say I've gotten in trouble more than once for hacking my school's database." Jeff then notices the researcher is cold. "I'll try to find where the heating is, and get it going." Jeff then realizes he forgot something. He quickly grabs a two-point sling for his gun.

Cass nodded, chewing her lower lip in agitation. "The only way to access anything is to go to the lowest level. All the main control panels are down there." She paused, the muffled sound of a gun shot above them barely audible through the door. The sounds of infected were also getting louder. "Did you hear that? There might be others...like us."

The lights flickered, blinking out for a second before coming back on. A brief puff of air came from the vents, extinguished before the warmth could even be felt. In the hallway the infected became more agitated, pounding their hands against the walls and pushing through open doors. Others stopped and stared at one another, almost seeming to be communicating in some strange manner. They grouped together, moving en masse along the hall towards another of their kind that was pressing its face against a window set inside a door leading to the stairs.
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Crow Lee » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:01 am

As the moaning got louder Crow closed the door to the lobby stairs and led Shelby toward the armory. Upon reaching the door they find the Beaumont girl and a guy he only recognized from the Guard Roster. "Hey, more people," Crow said quietly with a grateful, toothy grin as he offered his hand to the scientist and her friend for shaking. My names Crow Lee and this is Shelby. May I ask your names?" As he introduced himself he waited for Shelby to step inside before he closed the armory door.
A warrior's worst enemy is peace. -unknown
Crow Lee
Survivor

Postby cool99061 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:54 pm

"Well, I'm Jeff Rosedale, and Sergeant, close the door before any infected come in," he says as another survivor enters. "And also, grab me a silencer while you're grabbing a gun, will you?"
cool99061
Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing