LOCK DOWN--IC

This is where the Role Players hang out!

Re: LOCK DOWN--IC

Postby zombreach » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:26 pm

The auxiliary emergency lighting only put out a third of the illumination that the main lights had provided. Long hallways on the lower floors were barely lit, the ends obscured in shadow. Only the ground floor was bright, the early afternoon sun shining down through overhead sky lights. Inaccessible, the glass panes were three stories high, creating a cathedral ceiling without conceivable access. Despite the sun, the lobby area was cool, the early autumn weather already causing outside wanderers to don a jacket and scarf. The heat inside the building had not turned back on with the lights, the thermostats already reading a decrease in temperature.

------------------------------

Cass stood silently in the hallway outside the observation room. She had not gone two steps before she heard the sound of footsteps on the stairway to her left. The office and lab doors on either side of her were open, movement evident within them as well. The building housed over two hundred employees on a given day--sometimes more. How many of these people were now infected was impossible to guess. With the main frame computer destroyed, the only way to restore the security system and the camera monitors lay in the bowels of the facility's sub-level. Cass needed a weapon, preferably a gun, and the only way to the ammunitions locker was to pass in front of the open doors...and find someone with proper clearance. She cursed under her breath, her face turning a bright red with anger and frustration. She needed the key card and a shitload of courage to take with her below. She wasn't a hero, but she also didn't plan on dying in this tomb. Rerouting the system and re-engaging the locks was her only chance at survival. With slow measured steps she began to creep along the corridor, peeking into the rooms as she passed. She only needed to find one high-level security officer and convince him to let her into the armory.

"Easy as pie..." she thought, a barely discernible laugh escaping her pursed lips.
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby cool99061 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:26 pm

As Jeff reached the lower floors, he spotted movement behind a set of doors and hears a laugh. He presses himself against the wall, hoping the person didn't see him. He pulls out his flashlight and shines it through the doors. Tow eyes peer back at him. He quickly whips out the revolver and presses it against the temple of the person there, trying to keep as much distance between him and the person. "Are you infected? Grunt once for yes, say 'no' for no. Oh, and don't move. Forgot that. Unless you like a bullet in your skull, and your brains on the floor. And on me."
cool99061
Survivor

Postby zombreach » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:04 pm

cool99061 wrote: Jeff...pulls out his flashlight and shines it through the doors. Two eyes peer back at him. He quickly whips out the revolver and presses it against the temple of the person there, trying to keep as much distance between him and the person. "Are you infected? Grunt once for yes, say 'no' for no. Oh, and don't move. Forgot that. Unless you like a bullet in your skull, and your brains on the floor. And on me."

Cassandra's first thought was "Shit!", followed by, "Damn it!" which she spoke aloud in a soft whisper. She had just become accustomed to the dim light when the bright beam blinded her. Having managed to move along the hallway without attracting attention so far, she had become confident she was going to reach her goal without any hiccups. Until now...that was...

In the next second, she felt the cool metal of a weapon press against her head. The man fumbled through a series of commands, finally ending with a threat. Cass felt a stream of emotions flitting through her...fear, anger, humor, and lastly impatience. One thing was immediately apparent--the guy was tall, very tall, and his arm's reach was long. She would have to comply.

"I'm not infected...get your damn gun out of my face....please." The last bit was added with the realization that she was not in the position of command. Her voice was hushed, but already the noise being made was attracting unwanted attention. She tried to place the man's voice--probably a security guard since he had a gun, but he also could have taken it from someone--but the excess of noise coming from the surrounding rooms distracted her. She knew nearly everyone that worked here--as they knew her--but in extreme situations, some people would resort to shooting first and asking questions later. "We're not safe here. The armory or nurse's station are closest. If you'll stop playing games, we might just make it before all hell breaks loose. What do you say?"
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby cool99061 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:39 pm

"I say that you tell me who you are. Once you do that, we can decide on a course of action." Jeff looks at the clock. "Hurry up, or we might just have company. Have you seen any other... Survivors?"
cool99061
Survivor

Postby zombreach » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:16 pm

The gun remained pressed against her skin and Cass felt her fear now coupling with agitation. The man was meeting her attitude with some of his own--a trait she usually admired, but this was not the best of times to be acting like a smart ass.

"Okay. Fine. Your way." She stated with sarcasm. "I'm Cassandra Beaumont, the daughter of Dr. Beaumont, the head scientist around here. Maybe you've heard of me? Now, I think you should remove your gun from my forehead and point it behind me where the real threat is..." In the direction she indicated, moans and grunts were growing more animated as the infected inside the rooms became more aware of the survivors. The man was correct about needing to hurry.

"I've only seen one other survivor, a woman in number 204, but she won't come out. That's it--no one else. Can we go now?"
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby cool99061 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:50 pm

"Sorry about that, ma'am, but you just can't be too sure. Someone could be wandering these halls without permission. Here, take this gun. I have another one." Jeff hands over his revolver, then pulls out his Glock. " let's head towards the armory, set up a living area there, and then gather supplies." A wondering zombie lumbers around the corner and Jeff quickly drops it with a well-placed shot, and then does the same with the two that investigate the sound. "Let's go before more come. I don't think I have enough ammunition for all of them."
cool99061
Survivor

Postby Shelbyman82nd » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:13 pm

Shelby pushed the door open, and peeked into the lobby. He saw another man about 10 yards away heading for the stairs. This guy looked normal.
Shelby called out, "Stop! Are you infected?"
The man shook his head no, and said: "No, I'm not, but I need to get out of here, there are a lot of people around here that are."
Shelby said, "I just came from downstairs. I ran into one normal person, and two infected in the stairwell. I took both of them out. I am going to try and scrounge up some supplies, you can join me if you want."
The man shook his head no, and said: "Too many infected up here, i'll take my chances downstairs, but good luck man."
Well, alright then, Shelby thinks to himself. The man slips past him into the stairwell, and Shelby continues on. He saw an infected lying facedown in a pool of blood. It wasn't moving. He wasn't taking any chances though. He lifted up the infected's head with the IV pole. Nothing. Satisfied, he continued on. Other than the dead infected, he seemed to be alone. He cautiously pushed the door open to the locker room. Immediately, he felt a hard, cold object pressed against his right temple.
"Are you infected?"
"No." Shelby said.
"What are you doing? Who are you?"
Shelby said, "I am Joe Shelby, a medical student that works with Dr. Lichen, in LLB. I came to the locker room to grab the stuff out of my locker. A coat, some gloves etc. I am going to try and find someplace secure to hunker down until the worst of this outbreak has passed."
The stranger seemed satisfied, and lowered the pistol. "Sorry about holding you at gunpoint, but you can't be too careful. I am Crow Lee, and I am security here."
"I don't blame you, I would have done the same." Shelby said. "Now, as long as you don't put a pistol in my face now that you know i'm not infected, we'll be good." He made his way over to his locker, and started emptying the contents. The temperature was dropping, so he donned the coat and stuffed the beanie and gloves in a zip up pocket. He also grabbed a stronger flashlight and put it in his pocket in exchange for the smaller one, after making sure it was working. Last, he pulled out his SR1911, and checked to make sure it was loaded. He then slid the Serpa holster onto his belt, and pocketed 2 spare mags.
"Well, well, someone has a few more goodies than they initially let on..." Crow said.
"OPSEC, you know. Loose lips sink ships and all that."
Crow laughed, "Ah, that explains a lot, you're prior service, huh?"
"Yeah, I was an Army Medic before going to medical school."
"Good, so I won't need to babysit you." Crow said.
"Nope, but I don't want to do this alone. What is your plan?" Shelby asked.
We Bury Our Mistakes -TF Recon Medics
Shelbyman82nd
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Crow Lee » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:14 am

"If we can get to the server closet downstairs, I should be able to bring the network back online. My plan is to call for help and get the heat and air circulating again. If we hit the armory first, then we can load up on weapons and ammo. Once we have the building functioning and ready to receive the cavalry, we can go hunting until they get here or we can secure a spot. Either way it's my job to contain this issue. One things for sure; I'm going to request a bonus when I get out of here," Crow explained, with a wry smile. After checking to make sure the lobby was clear he asked, "Ready to kick this?"
A warrior's worst enemy is peace. -unknown
Crow Lee
Survivor

Postby zombreach » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:49 pm

cool99061 wrote:"Sorry about that, ma'am, but you just can't be too sure. Someone could be wandering these halls without permission. Here, take this gun. I have another one." Jeff hands over his revolver, then pulls out his Glock. " let's head towards the armory, set up a living area there, and then gather supplies." A wondering zombie lumbers around the corner and Jeff quickly drops it with a well-placed shot, and then does the same with the two that investigate the sound. "Let's go before more come. I don't think I have enough ammunition for all of them."

Cass took the gun without any comment, placing the scalpel blade into her lab coat's pocket. It felt good to have something in her hands other than the fire extinguisher and scalpel. She set the large red canister on the ground, keeping an eye out for any other trouble while the guard dispensed with the infected that had entered the hallway. The armory was only a few yards away and she moved towards the ajar door with measured steps. She didn't have the combination for the interior door, but she hoped her new friend did. Stealing a quick glance at the man's name tag, she squinted in the dim light to read it. "Jeff" was all she caught before turning away. They had arrived at their destination. Using her foot, she eased the door open. The heels were going to be an inconvenience, not to mention the lack of a warmer coat and her other locker contents. Briefly she wondered about going to the ground floor to try to obtain her belongings. "One thing at a time," she whispered to herself.

Luckily the interior of the armory was empty. Cass slipped inside and moved away from the doorway, keeping the revolver aimed at the opening, just in case...
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby cool99061 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:56 pm

"Hold on, I've got the code." Jeff turns to hide the keypad from any prying eyes, and then types in the code. Afterwards, he opens the door, and shuts it after his newly found compainion enters. "Take whatever you like, but make sure you have ammunition." Jeff walks over to a rack of guns and picks up a MTAR-21. "Perfect." He mutters. After picking up enough ammunition for it, he makes his way to the door, waiting for his friend to meet him there.
cool99061
Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing