Roleplaying IDEAS

This is where the Role Players hang out!

Re: Roleplaying IDEAS

Postby zombreach » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:06 am

Crow, I have attempted to play using the point system and it has failed many times. It requires a strong leader (GM) to pull it off. With that said, I am all for trying again. I am not sure I understand how religion can be a factor in success, but anything is possible if explained well enough. More details would be helpful, especially concerning the magic and mutations.
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Crow Lee » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:54 am

Religion and magic are opposite ends of a mana spectrum. They perform similar functions but they come from different sources and require separate disciplines. Magic disciplines follow cellestial callendars and require certain things prepared at certain times. Religion on the other hand requires holidays, deity favors, etc. A christian could POTENTIALLY call on a guardian angel, or God, or ask the saints for guidance, etc. A satanist on the other hand has a guardian demon, and other opposites to christianity. Muslims would probably have not only Allah to call on, but also the mythical creatures and knowledge of the middle eastern mystics. Hinduism might have, say Shiva to help them. The catch with religion is that you have to adhere to the principles of your faith. It also takes time and discipline to get the outstanding stuff from a faith. Magic may be quicker and easier but you have to beware of witch hunters and such. Mutants would be born with capabilities that are significant but scientists would be after them. Every choice in the game I'm developing has ups and downs.
A warrior's worst enemy is peace. -unknown
Crow Lee
Survivor

Postby Crow Lee » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:01 pm

Mutations are restricted by the characters endurance as well as their physical limits (muscles, psyche, etc). Magic is controlled by will, intelligence, and wisdom. Religion is controlled by wisdom but requires the character to please a deity and stay faithful. Religion and magic get a mana pool, but mutations wear on the physical body. You can also mix and match but that would require spreading the skill points pretty thin since there's only 24 hours per day to squeeze sleep, chow, maintenance, travel, battles, etc. A character that's overpowered would have social problems to contend with (Jealousy, notoriety, etc.)
Crow Lee
Survivor

Postby Crow Lee » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:11 pm

The only thing I would ask if this became a RP is that people be willing to suggest and discuss out of the box ideas. This game is currently playable but it's still under construction.
Crow Lee
Survivor

Postby Crow Lee » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:01 am

If anyone is interested in helping me beta test what I have so far, please PM me.
Crow Lee
Survivor

Postby zombreach » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:26 am

I am not sure I know what beta testing is...a dry run? If you need help working through the details I would be happy to assist.
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Crow Lee » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:33 am

It's like beta testing a video game. I run you through from intro to end and you help me smooth out the kinks. Every game manufacturer has game testers (yes, people get paid to play games all day). I can't pay for your help but hopefully you have fun in the process.
Crow Lee
Survivor

Postby zombreach » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:38 am

I'm one of those odd people who does not play video games. The controllers intimidate me. LOL!!

As long as there are no controllers involved, then I am the girl for the job.
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Crow Lee » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:46 am

zombreach wrote:I'm one of those odd people who does not play video games. The controllers intimidate me. LOL!!

As long as there are no controllers involved, then I am the girl for the job.

Kool. I'll PM you the character run down.
Crow Lee
Survivor

Previous

Return to Role Playing