The Walking Dead Season 4

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Postby Bob » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:21 pm

My expectation is Carol and Tyrese will let them out of the train car.
Rick stashed weapons outside the fence.

They sure seem to cook a lot of meat.
Makes you wonder where all that fresh meat comes from doesn't it?
I think the inhabitants of Terminus are cannibals
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby LoneWolf » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:53 pm

Why would they get them to lower their weapons then give them back ?

It was only when Rick recognised a few items and grabbed somebody, it kicked off.

Why take that chance, when they had them already unarmed ?

Maybe they are being kept in the train car to cool off/calm down.

Being cannibals is too obvious. If they are that, well Season 5 will start off predictably.

They seemed to be growing veg in raised beds, and weren't afraid of blasting off a lot of ammo.

Could anyone see what they were doing at the big tables inside the building when Rick, etc., entered ?
Once more into the fray,
Into the last good fight I'll ever know,
Live and die on this day,
Live and die on this day.

-The Grey-
LoneWolf
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:20 pm

To answer your questions.

Stupid

Over confident?
Expecting it to be easier to drug them?
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby CavWarrior » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:38 pm

LoneWolf wrote: Why would they get them to lower their weapons then give them back ?

Gain their trust and still know what each person is carrying. Easier to disarm them later and not have to worry about a hideout weapon.

LoneWolf wrote:It was only when Rick recognised a few items and grabbed somebody, it kicked off. Why take that chance, when they had them already unarmed ?

Avoid a firefight. gain their trust and drug them later. That way they can be taken without a fight. No casualties and fresh meat for the pot.

LoneWolf wrote:Maybe they are being kept in the train car to cool off/calm down.

Doubtful.

LoneWolf wrote:Being cannibals is too obvious. If they are that, well Season 5 will start off predictably.

That's most likely what they are. Remember all the human bones in the cage when Rick and Co were running?

LoneWolf wrote:They seemed to be growing veg in raised beds, and weren't afraid of blasting off a lot of ammo.

We have no idea the resources that group has. They may be able to manufacture ammunition. Or they could just be stupid.

LoneWolf wrote:Could anyone see what they were doing at the big tables inside the building when Rick, etc., entered ?
CavWarrior
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby mission_survivor » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:27 am

Yeah, they spent a lot of ammo trying to corral them into the box car.

Terminus was also the name of a roman god, that they would offer sacrifices to. One of the rooms was a sacrificial chamber, and another with the bone collection makes think both cannibals and sacrificial offerings.

While they were running thru the compound, someone was calling out for help from within another box car. So they are being held for something other than cooling off.
Most of my comments should be read with your best "BROCK SAMSON" voice. While others should be read with your best "CLINT EASTWOOD" voice. A few, and I mean a very few should be read with your best "JOE PESCI" voice.
mission_survivor
Hunter

Postby LoneWolf » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:49 am

Personally, I feel once unarmed they stay unarmed.

Would you let anyone in your stronghold, get them to drop their weapons....then give them back to gain their trust ?

Fuck that ! :WTF:

They could have saved a lot of ammo too, just corral them in at gunpoint, firing a couple of ground-rounds if necessary.

I think they were writing more Terminus signs on the tables.

I didn't see any oldies in the Terminus group - mothers, fathers, grandparents. Anyone weak at all.

Cannibals ? - I guess they wont be anything different. They all look clean, healthy, well-fed. Need some meat for that, as they can't all be vegetarians.

Maybe they eat the weak and useless, keeping a select group.

Where's Beth ? - maybe she was the one screaming elsewhere in the compound.
Once more into the fray,

-The Grey-
LoneWolf
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby mission_survivor » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:58 pm

I think it was just to give the viewers and cast, a false sense of comfort. It makes Rick too untrusting when he becomes suspicious for viewers who don't really pay attention to wardrobe and settings. So I guess it was just for dramatic purposes, because in reality; it just don't make sense to give them back their weapons, when you are going to disarm arm them soon enough.

I like your idea about culling out the weak LW, but it should also include killing/eating those that will not follow. Maybe they normally keep new arrivals in a normal setting, once they get used to their new style of living they tell them what is really going on. Those who don't care that they are eating human flesh are brought in, and those who have a problem with it get put in storage. But I still think that's a waste of resources.

Would you stay at a compound that ate other survivors? If so, when would you be concerned when no more new arrivals showed up; how long before you were on the menu?
Most of my comments should be read with your best "BROCK SAMSON" voice. While others should be read with your best "CLINT EASTWOOD" voice. A few, and I mean a very few should be read with your best "JOE PESCI" voice.
mission_survivor
Hunter

Postby Haiwayman » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:28 pm

If they were keeping them in the boxcar to cool off then they would keep their possession in a safe place to return it to them when they release them from the boxcar. They wouldn't just confiscate and distribute the equipment to the community. I think they just written them off cause they seem to think that ricks group will no longer need their equipment.

At the end of the show, they ran past an area where they dump human skeleton remains. This sure seems like they were cannibals to me.

It also seems like a very wasteful method of corralling your prey. They sure did waste a lot of ammo. They could have just surround them and force them into the boxcar. They have enough people and weapons for that already. Maybe they are trying to psychologically break them?
Haiwayman
Hunter

Postby LoneWolf » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:28 am

When you see how the series ended, in a real world Rick, etc., would never survive this situation, if this Terminus group are cannibals. I mean they are unarmed, locked in a boxcar, outnumbered, etc., etc. :?

This is why I think the beginning of Season 5 will start on the wrong foot, as in, predicting the group are cannibals, but Rick, etc., miraculously survive again, by unrealistic means. :roll:

The rest of the survivors that aren't there, can't possibly free the group by themselves.

How would they not fall into the same trap to begin with ?

So, well-armed large cannibal group, holding Rick, etc., in a boxcar, with only a couple of their group not present.

How do they escape, rearm themselves, defeat the Terminus group ?

Is this going to be a cue for a new group to appear on the scene and take out the cannibals, or even another zed attack ?
Once more into the fray,

-The Grey-
LoneWolf
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Haiwayman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:47 am

My hope is that carol and tyresse saw the whole incident going down so they don't fall into the same trap. Rick and the group was able to sneak in without them noticing so maybe carol or tyresse could sneak in and release Rick and his group. Or they could use the governer's tactic and lure in a horde of Zs as a distraction.
Haiwayman
Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Walking Dead