The Walking Dead Season 5

Re: The Walking Dead Season 5

Postby LoneWolf » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:15 am

Yes, much better, almost like a new writer has taken the reins of the show.

Will be watching season 6.

BTW - I really do look a bit like Oddball from Kelly's Heroes !
Once more into the fray,
Into the last good fight I'll ever know,
Live and die on this day,
Live and die on this day.

-The Grey-
LoneWolf
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby mission_survivor » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:14 am

Season finally was a really good watch. I think they had purposefully slowed down the pace of the prior episodes for build up to the last show.

Reading over the last couple of comments, I think that the "Wolves" are exactly what LW wrote of Rick's evolution, being out there too long and not being able to adjust to a "normal" world. At least that is what I think to justify why they would seek to kill other survivors.

Not looking forward to season 6's Moral Jedi, taming the "Shane-esque" Rick.

But with "Fear of the Walking Dead" I am VERY interested in watching the outbreak unfold. And I really thought Kirkman wasn't interested in doing one. He got me on that one.

Eager to see how he created his world...
Most of my comments should be read with your best "BROCK SAMSON" voice. While others should be read with your best "CLINT EASTWOOD" voice. A few, and I mean a very few should be read with your best "JOE PESCI" voice.
mission_survivor
Hunter

Postby UnderDude » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:59 am

Thanks to AMC for their TWD marathon, I recorded the entire 5th season. 4 more episodes left and then I can start season 6.
Boy, I missed a lot. Still pissed that Beth is gone, wish Tyrese made it out of there, and I probably would have left the priest behind. Noah as well for robbing the search party

Daryl showed he DOES have feelings, I felt bad for him. He blames himself for Beth's death.
Carol's a badass lady, and I now find her strangely attractive. I think it's her confidence.
Michonne seems to influence the group more than anyone else now.
I find it hard to believe Abraham or the others didn't beat Eugene to death or tie him up and leave him for the Zeds after him lying about a "cure". He's a coward through and through, getting good people killed while protecting him.
Sasha is pissed off! Hope it doesn't get her killed.
Found it funny that the cannibals cut off and ate Bob's leg in front of him, only to find out he was infected. Damn, I would've liked to see them get ill from it and turn. They did get what was coming to them after that sickening clinical human slaughterhouse.
Maggie is still hot but she has some competition now, named Rosita and Tara. At least now the wardrobe department doesn't dress Rosita like some Tomb Raider knockoff.

Surprises during season 5?
Beth is gone.
The group entered another community after all the previous clusterfucks.
Production threw in a little brokeback mountain in the midst of season 5. Definitely didn't see that one coming.

Questions for the rest of you:
Atlanta cops kidnap folks and keep them as serfs, rape young women, and knocking around senior citizens. Even in the ZPAW there are corrupt cops. Those that witness abuse by another cop and don't say or do anything about it are just as guilty.
Would you give up all of your weapons upon entering Alexandra?
Say they let you keep them for a week. Would you then give them up?
Would it change your mind about staying there because the community leader was a politician? I mean holy shit! Years into the ZPAW and you still have to deal with politicians?

I'll comment on the last 4 episodes after I watch them and set up a season 6 thread now. No spoilers please for the next few days.....
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Red Star » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:08 am

After all of this time you STILL aren't caught up???! :shock:

Well, you sure must have been sleeping a lot all of this time, I'm VERY surprised you didn't record them back in the spring. Time to get caught up fast so you can see the Season 6 opener!!!
Time to get up, you're not dead yet...
but you certainly will be if you don't move your ass!
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:32 pm

I did have them recorded but I've had our box changed twice since then, so I had to wait for a marathon to watch them. Can't transfer recordings from box to box ya know.....
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:48 pm

I would not trust politicians anymore then than I do now.
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Previous

Return to The Walking Dead