Military Firearms With Black Furniture Alterations ?

If It Goes Bang It Goes Here

Military Firearms With Black Furniture Alterations ?

Postby LoneWolf » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Working on something at the moment, but have this question to ask of some importance to it.

Can or has firearms like the M16A1 ever been modified in such a way as the stock, handgrip and forward cover been altered from black to wood/wood effect ?

This question goes too for the M60 lmg, H&K MP5, Spas-12, Uzi, or even the Beretta 92F handgrips.
Once more into the fray,
Into the last good fight I'll ever know,
Live and die on this day,
Live and die on this day.

-The Grey-
LoneWolf
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Re: Military Firearms With Black Furniture Alterations ?

Postby UnderDude » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:05 pm

Why?
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby LoneWolf » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:57 pm

Call these subtle alterations zed-mods.

I want to downplay the harsh total black of military firearms, so that they merge more easily with military firearms already using brown wood/wood effect furniture, but also civilian firearms. As a simple example imagine a person using an M16A1 with the alterations, but has a Colt .45 peacemaker with blued finish and wood grips as his sidearm, decades apart in history, though now both having a 'civilian-type' look.

A small custom job of no real significance, but removing the solid black of the military versions.

I like the idea of something slightly changed into a civilian-type version of a military weapon, such as an M60 with brown furniture and poss brown ammo belt links.

Small changes, different look.
Once more into the fray,

-The Grey-
LoneWolf
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:23 pm

There are custom finishes of all types nowadays, so I'm sure a wood grain look is available somewhere. Some customizers will design a finish based on your requests, for a price of course.
There are still FAL furniture kits made from wood available. Also Galil, CETME, BM59, AK47, AK74, MAK90, NHM91, etc.

Eventually I'll have wood grips on my 629.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby LoneWolf » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 am

Thanks. I also like the replacing of web slings with brown leather, plus I've seen great leather shoulder holsters for the Uzi, MAC10 and H&K smgs. The concept really comes down to having civilians/survivors armed with these altered military firearms that aren't too customised and don't look sort of out-of-place in their hands, when used in unison with bolt-action hunting rifles and double-barrelled shotguns. Including the fact they are all used in semi-auto, apart from the belt-fed mgs.
Once more into the fray,

-The Grey-
LoneWolf
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Red Star » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:16 am

Examples of the early UZI 9mm SMG like this were prevalent in the old days and even now:

AR-15 / M16 variants can easily have wooden furniture, even custom colored with cerakote and other methods- even in bright pink if you want, there are a million different looks out there. That being said, the sky is the limit for what you want to do for personalization, even just different grips or sights. One thing though: as far as leather slings and such equipment, leather usually doesn't last too long which is why synthetics are so much more in use and demand. Just food for thought.

If you wish, I can show you some recent cerakote examples and such from our Firearms Forum- just say the word.
Time to get up, you're not dead yet...
but you certainly will be if you don't move your ass!
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby LoneWolf » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm

Thanks Red.

The way I'm looking at it is imagining civilian versions/copies of military firearms, to make them less harsh, but also somehow to demonstrate by the slightest of changes (brown wood-effect furniture) to break up the solid and somewhat daunting black appearance of said firearms.

Civilians/survivors may be less keen to follow military choices of slings, etc., or even be supplied with leather slings from gun-stores, just wanting something ready to use in the event of a ZA.

It's more a made-up scenario explaining the reasoning behind the different look of them to a reader/viewer, same with the practicality of only semi-auto, apart from the belt-feds owned perhaps by the more hard-core survivalists/gun owners with cash to spend in their prepping.

I really am not keen on vast customising of firearms, with numerous additions on the one weapon of scope, laser, torch, etc., as I'd like the survivors to look more like actual survivors, customising not being a priority, in a zed book/film.

Just following a path of knowledge regarding such at the moment.

I've seen an image of an M16A1 with brown furniture beside one in standard overall black finish on google images, which although maintaining the great look of the firearm, does somehow define a difference between a military and civilian look, and I feel wouldn't be so jarring to the eye in a survivor's hands, along with other types of civilian weapons/kit.
Once more into the fray,

-The Grey-
LoneWolf
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:15 pm

Just about everyone I know that has a military type rifle has some sort of tactical sling to go along with it.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby kiltedninja » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:03 pm

I have a buddy who has his AR with green furnishing, and I think it's a tan sling. My sling for my M4 is a tan one. But I'm sure you could find wood furniture or something similar.
He who wears the cloth, will always wear the cloth, and those that wear the cloth will always have a brother in me.
kiltedninja
Hunter

Postby Bob » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:35 am

Easy Peasey
This is not the only one just the first one I saw.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/st ... 38906.aspx

ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Next

Return to FireArms