Not sure this is the right board, but the regular news is saying nothing useful, so I'm posting it here.
I work nights as a security guard at a distribution warehouse off 309 in Montgomeryville. Around 2:40 this morning a man came across the back lot from the tree line, the strip of woods along the creek. No car, no coat, and it was maybe 38 degrees. I figured drunk or a medical problem, so I hit him with the spotlight and called out.
He didn't react to the light at all. No squint, no hand over his eyes. He just turned toward my voice and walked at it in a straight line. When he reached the fence he walked into it and stayed there, leaning like he expected it to give. He made a low sound, more like air being pushed out than a word.
I called 911. The dispatcher asked if he was "aggressive or just disoriented." Strange first question, and she sounded like she'd asked it a lot tonight. Two officers showed up about 25 minutes later. One put on rubber gloves before he got out of the car. They walked him to the cruiser with a hand on each arm, and he kept turning his head toward whoever was talking. Under the dock lights his skin was grayish and he had a hospital-style wrap on his left forearm, soaked through dark.
When I asked what was going on, one officer said, "Third one tonight. Keep your doors locked." Then he asked if the guy had touched me. Not hurt me. Touched me.
Things from this week I didn't connect until tonight:
My sister-in-law is a nurse at the hospital in Doylestown. Saturday she said the ER had a run of "flu cases with high fevers that went sideways fast." She got pulled into a staff meeting and hasn't answered texts since Sunday.
Bucks scanner Saturday night had a stack of calls out by Peace Valley Park, then the channel went quiet for about four hours.
A post in the Chalfont community group about a guy who bit a clerk at a gas station on 202. Gone within the hour.
Wife had one of the Philly morning shows on yesterday. They cut to an anchor arguing on air with some city health official about whether families should be required to turn over relatives who died at home. Nobody in the studio seemed to know what segment they were in. They went to commercial for twenty minutes.
Buddy of mine in Port Richmond says police went building to building on his block Sunday night, armored up, and nobody's saying why. He heard gunfire from one of the rowhouses for "a long time."
I'm not saying it's that. I've been here long enough to know how that sounds. But I've also been here long enough to know it always starts as a few weird local stories nobody connects.
If you're anywhere near Chalfont, Doylestown, Lansdale, or the city, post what you're seeing. Police activity, hospital rumors, anything. I'll keep a running log in this thread.
Shift ends at 7. Stopping for gas and water on the way home, just in case.
EDIT 3:52 AM: Second guy just came out of the tree line by the north fence. Same walk. Calling it in again.
EDIT 4:30 AM: 911 is ringing busy. Never heard that before.